Chapter 29

It's 3:16 AM in the morning and I'm writing this when I should be sleeping for school, I still love you guys don't forget that

Song of the chapter: Amazed by Lonestar ;* 

________________

Chapter 29

We were approaching my house. We were just a few blocks away.

I was really anxious for Dad, but no words could express the overwhelming happiness I felt.

I didn't talk much to Mom because she slept through most of the drive. But the fact her presence was here in my car behind me was good enough for me... more than good actually.

My house came into sight and Aubrey squeezed my hand. "Wow, I wonder wow your dad is going to react," she thought aloud. "I don't know, should I go home? I don't think I should be intruding." She pouted.

"No no baby. This is a special moment. You should be here to experience it with me. You know why? Because I love you."

I heard sniffles in the back. As I parked my car in the driveway, I looked back to my mom. I touched her lap gently. She looked scared, but excited at the same time. "Are you ready, Mom? Don't worry, you can do this. There's nothing to be afraid of, I promise." I added, "He still loves you. So much."

"Me too," she whispered.

I unclasped my seatbelt. "Okay, Aubrey, stay here and I'll cue you guys on when to come out."

Timing was perfect because it was twilight and the darkness of night was almost here, and my dad also walked out the front door as I came out of my car.

"Hey, Jayden," he yelled. "Where have you been?" He squinted at me. "Have you been...crying?"

I scratched the back of my head. "I just took a long drive with Bree to her hometown for a visit."

"Oh okay. But that doesn't explain the tears...What happened, boy?"

I gestured at the car. "That happened."

His eyes followed where my hands was pointing at. The very second, Aubrey and my mom stepped out.

And I swore I heard his heart skip a beat.

My dad mouth fell open in shock and eyes watered. "W-what? I'm hallucinating..."

I shook my head. "No, Dad. It's really her."

(AN: I strongly suggest play the song here."

Their eyes met. "Drew," Mom murmured with the hugest smile of her face.

Dad finally came to his senses. "Oh my god. No way."

Mom suddenly began running to him. Dad thought fast and caught her in his arms and swept her off her feet. "Emily. It's you." Tears fell down his cheeks rapidly. She mirrored him. "It's really you!!!" He swung her around I'm his arms. "I thought I lost you."

"Baby, me too. I cannot believe this," she sobbed happily. "I thought I'd never get to see you again."

Aubrey came next to me and I rested my chin on her shoulder and hugged her from behind as we watches this touching reunion of my parents. We had tears ourselves.

Dad put Mom down and held her face. "You're here now and that's all that ever matters."

She stared at him and asked, "Do you still love me?"

"Excuse me?" He leaned in. "Of course I do. It's impossible to stop." He pushed his lips against hers and she through her arms around his neck. "I love you, Emily."

After she pulled away, she rested her forehead against his. "Guess what? I never stopped either. I love you, too, Drew."

He kissed her again for a few minutes and we copied them.

Soon I went up to them hand-in-hand with Aubrey. "So Mom," I started, "here's the big question. Where did you go?"

We all looked at her, desperately anticipating an answer.

_________________

I didn't proof read. It's 4:00 AM right now. I'm going to pass out, brb goodnight. <3