Chapter 1

Chapter 1 

            9 years later…

            “Jayden Lowe, please report to the principal’s office now.”

            Oh great. I just set a foot into the class that I was 10 minutes late for. I turned around on my heels leaving without any word to the teacher, but not before rolling my eyes at the speaker.

            The hallways were silent. Really silent. Wow, maybe I was more than 10 minutes late. Whoops, my bad. I guess I got too caught up while making out with that brunette on the staircase. What was her name? Rachel? Rochelle? Oh, whatever. She didn’t mean anything to me, except for her fiiine ass. I licked my lips. Mmmm, strawberry lip gloss.

             I stopped in front of Principal Dreyes’ office, entered, and slumped into the chair in front of his desk.

            “Hey, Frank, how ya doing?” I greeted Principal Dreyes. And yes, by first name basis because that’s how well we know each other.

            “Jayden,” he scolded me, “I rather prefer you call my by Principal.”

            “Oh, whatever.” I paused. “Principal Dreyes. Anyways, what did I do now?”

            I was bored already. I said that line way too much that I wasn’t even nervous.

            “Mrs. Jameson saw you coming out of the girls’ bathroom today. Care to explain?”

            “Sir, I had to piss so bad that I didn’t even bother to look at the signs. God, this is embarrassing,” I lied smoothly. Actually, I was “playing” with the head cheerleader. Cha-ching, two babes in one day.

            “Are you telling the truth, Jayden?”

            I smirked. “Can’t I get any trust around here, Frank? I mean Principal?”

            “You will once you show you deserve it. Gosh, Jayden. For a change, why don’t you just try to stay out of trouble and playing girls? All of this and all these detentions don’t look so good on your record. How will you get into a decent college?”

            “Sir, I’m only a junior. I have one more year to worry about college. And to answer your question, I have these magical babies,” I said wiggling the fingers on my hands, before putting them through my short dark brown hair.

            Yes I’m an artist. I know that it is totally unexpected coming from the bad boy type like me, but I love doing it. Drawing, painting, it’s just a natural talent.          

            “Jayden, you may be a great artistic person, but there are other things that matter when coming to college. Think good about yourself in school for once. What does your mother even think of you now?”

            I suddenly got all tense. I clenched my fists and jaw. I sent a death glare with my gray eyes to Principal Dreyes, and if looks could kill, he would be so dead right now. I just snapped at him. “Gee, Frank, I don’t fucking know considering I haven’t seen my fucking mother in fucking 9 years! But I too wonder what she fucking thinks of me.”  

            I laughed coldly at his stunned expression. If he only fucking knew…

            “Jayden, I had no idea. I’m terribly sorry for bringing her up,” he said in a small, guilty voice. “I---”

            “Forget it,” I cut him off, standing up. “I don’t wanna hear this shit.” And I left his office and headed out to the school parking lot into my car. Who cares if I miss last period?