Chapter 8

Chapter 8

**Bree’s POV**

          I took a seat next to a girl with long black hair, tan skin, and a bit short, sitting in the back. She was simply pretty, more or less. “Hi, I’m Deviana, but call me Devi,” she said to me. She sounded like the bubbly type, the ones easy to talk to. I smiled.

            “I’m Aubrey. Nice to meet you, Devi. You can call me Bree.”

            “So Bree, what’s up with you and Jayden Lowe?” she asked.

            His name brought rage and tingles inside me more some reason. I was a taken back and stared at Devi. “Why would you think there’s something up with us?”

            She shrugged. “I was passing through the hallways and I saw you looking angry at him.” I was touched. I just met this girl and she actually cared about me already?

            “Well, I found out he was a player and got furious,” I admitted looking at my hands. “I really dislike boys like that.”

            “Were you looking for a shot at him?” she teased wiggling her eyebrows.

            I blushed shaking my head and lightly smacking her. “Nope, I just met him.” Speaking, of the devil, he walked into the classroom taking a seat in the front, but not before glancing at me. Shit, I forgot we had like almost every class together. I’m glad I chose to sit in the back. I lowered my voice to a whisper. “Besides, I wouldn’t want to be with someone who treats girls like crap.”

            Devi chuckled quietly. “I think you got it wrong, Bree, but I don’t blame you.” I looked at her confused and she continued. “Jayden may be a total player, but he doesn’t treat them like shit. Actually, he’s a gentleman and fairly well. Maybe that’s why most girls he’s been with get so down in the dumps.” She had an annoyed look on her face.

            Was she telling the truth? Was he really all like that? Happiness seeped through me but quickly washed away when I remembered he’s still a player. “Sounds like you’ve been with him before,” I guessed.

            She put her chin up, unexpectedly. “Guilty is charged. Okay, I admit I fell for his charms once upon a time, but I’m over it,” she whispered confidently.

            I touched her arm sympathetically. “You sure?”

            “Yep. I stopped trying once I found out he never wants a serious relationship with anyone.”

            My heart fell to my feet at those words. I kicked myself mentally for having that happen. Don’t  care, don’t care, don’t care, I kept repeating to myself before asking, “Why not?”

            She sighed. “I don’t know. No one does. He never says why. Or he just makes up an excuse when the desperate want to know.”

            “Hmmm, interesting,” I muttered while stroking my imaginary beard. Now I really wanna learn more about Jayden. But first I’ll have to apologize for acting so cold towards him. Will he, too?

            Out of nowhere, a crumbled piece of paper hit me in the eye. Wtf? I rubbed my eye and uncrumbled the paper. The neat handwriting wrote:

                        I’m sorry Aubrey – Jayden

            I looked up to the front of the room to find Jayden turned in his seat staring at me. I was a bit surprised that he said sorry. Even though it was the cheesiest way ever of doing it, I found it sweet. I scribbled on the paper:

                        I’m sorry to, and btw my eye hurts! - Bree

            When the teacher wasn’t looking, I threw back the crumbled ball with all my force at Jayden‘s neck and laughed to myself. Devi gave me a questioning look and I explained.  Then the ball flew back hitting my opened mouth. I eye-murdered him for a second for then read the note:

                        Oops sorry I threw it backwards & sorry if it lands in your mouth and you                            swallow it :P haha

            The bell rang. I decided I wanted to play around and have some fun with Jayden. It’s my first day and I didn’t want any problems or drama yet. I ran up to his seat and smiled slyly.

            Jayden grinned and started, “Hey, Bree, do you---”

            I cut him off by taking our crumbled paper and stuffed it into his mouth. “Sorry, I was aiming for the trash can,” I said innocently as he stared at me with wide eyes. “By the way, don’t swallow.” And I ran out of the room laughing my ass off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I uploaded more early to make up for my late ones :) Hope you appreciate it.

So how's Jayden gonna react? What is Bree gonna do about Jayden? Hell, What about Luke? lmao

PLEASEEE COMMENNT AND VOTE!!!!! ;D

Pic of Devi ------>>