Fucked Up

[August]

It's been damn near 2 weeks since I talked ta' Amber. I ain't mean ta' snap on her. It was just one of those days I didn't wanna talk about Mel.

For the past 2 weeks I've begged Mama ta' let me pick the girls up but when I get there she's either wit anotha customer or she's locked in her office. I literally stayed in her lobby fa' 3 hours & waited fa her until she threatened ta' call the cops. Ion fuck wit the police like that so I left.'

"But Mama she won't talk ta' me!", I whined as I sat next to her on the couch. For the past hour I've been tryin' ta' get her ta' speak wit Amber fa' me.

"August, stop whining.", she said.

"But she's mad at me. Please get her ta' talk ta' me.", I begged.

"Why should I talk to her?"

"Because you so much better wit words & she likes you more.", I explained.

"It's your problem August & you need to fix it. It's that nasty temper & attitude you have that got you in this mess anyways.", she pointin' her finger at me.

"My attitude ain't nasty & I don't gotta temper.", I stated.

"Mhm. Whatever you say.", she said.

"Mama, the girls up yet?", I asked.

"Chaylin and Noon are at a friends house at a sleepover.", she said.

"Why Kay here by herself?", I asked.

"All her friends have the flu & I don't want her to get it so she's here.", she said.

"I'm about ta' go pack her stuff. She comin' wit me.", I said, standin' up ta' go in Kay room.

"Kaaaaaayyyyydddddeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!", I yelled all the way from the livin' room until I got in her room.

"Siiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrr?", she yelled back in response. She was layin' on her bed watchin' Ninja Turtles.

I laid my head on her lap while she was watchin' TV.

"What ya' doinnn'?", I asked annoyingly.

"Watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.", she said not takin' her eyes off the TV.

"Wanna spend the weekend wit me while your sistas gone?", I asked.

Her head shot from the TV & she looked at me wit wide eyes.

"Really?!", she asked.

"Yeah really. Let get ya' stuff packed.", I said, sittin' up.

************************************************************

"So what do you wanna do?", I asked.

"I don't know.", she shrugged.

"How bout you help me talk ta' Ms. Amber?", I asked wit a smirk on my face.

She may not wanna talk to me but she damn sure gone listen.

[Amber]

"For the last time Jess, I'm not doing it!", I argued back.

"Why the hell not?!", she yelled while jumping up and down on her couch.

"Because..", I said softly.

"Because what?!", she screamed.

"Because I said so!", I said walking into her kitchen. I came over to her house to hang out but instead we've been arguing over the same crap the entire time I've been here.