Good Heart

[Amber]

After our 'confessions', August started to get hungry so I decided to start making dinner. He was like a 3 year old. He kept touching stuff so I had him help me with some stuff so he would keep still.

"Ya neva said why you was at Jess house.", August said as he measured the rice.

I sighed before going into the refrigerator to take out the rest of  the ingredients that I needed.

"You remember when that same day you stood up for me when she was accusing me of making you stop talking to her?", I asked grabbing a knife from the knife block.

"Mhm. Same night we got kicked out dat restaurant.", he chuckled. It seems like with him & his mouth, we can't go no where.

I nodded my head & closed my eyes as I continued. "Well she called me at 3 in the morning. I almost declined the call but something told me to answer. When I picked up she was crying & said that she needed me so I told her I would be there as soon as I could. When I got there she was on her bathroom floor with blood dripping down her arm August."

I opened my eyes & saw he had an unreadable expression on his face.

"& it made ya think bout how ya found ya Moms, didn't it?", he asked, putting the rice pot down to face me fully.

"Yes. What if I didn't answer? Then she wouldn't be here & I would be to blame. I'm so glad I got there on time. I couldn't deal with that a second time.", I mumbled.

He sighed before walking towards me & pulled me into a tight, comforting hug.

"Nah, don't think like that. You not the reason she cut. It had ta' be otha shit dat was messin' wit ha. You would've still picked up cuz ya have a good heart. Ya actually listen to your conscious unlike da rest of da world. Did y'all talk errything out?", he asked pulling away from the hug & wiping my face with his thumbs. I didn't even know I was crying.

"Yeah. We're good now. Remember when I told you about her being pregnant with Era's baby?"

"Yeah?", he asked.

"Well she had a little break down & was scared."

"Damn dat's fucked up. She ain't abort it, did she?"

"No but do you think maybe you could talk to him?", I looked up at him, hopefully. Instantly, he started shaking his head no.

"Why not?", I whined.

"Cuz dis ain't ma business & it ain't yours eitha."

"It is my business because Jess is my only friend & the baby is my soon to be niece or nephew which makes them family, something I don't have. If you don't ask him, then you can leave.", I crossed my arms across my chest.

"You gon make me leave hungry as hell afta I done put ma heart & soul in dat damn rice?!", he raised his voice slightly.

"Yes", I pouted. He sighed heavily & ran his hand down his face. That's how I knew I won.

"Aight, mama. Damn. Stop poutin'. Imma talk to him. Happy?" I cheered slightly & kissed his cheek.

"Yes. Now go sit down while I finish cooking.", I said pointing out the kitchen.

"Aight man.", he grumbled as he turned around to walk out the kitchen.

"August?", I called. He turned back around to face me.

"Yeah?"

"DO. NOT. TOUCH. NOTHING.", I pointed my finger at him as I broke down each word. He laughed & shook his head.

"Aight guh. You don't have ta' talk ta' me like I'm slow."

[August]

"Damn. What dis shit is again?", I asked while shovelin' mo' food down ma throat.

"Don't talk with your mouth full August. & for the 50th time it's Bourbon chicken on white rice, crab rangoon & general tso chicken. & wipe your mouth. The girls eat better than you." She took her dumb, licked it & went ta wipe ma face, but stopped once she saw how I was glarin' at ha, she busted out laughin'. (how August was looking at her in MM)

"I wish da hell you would wipe yo spit on me. Whatchu think this is?", I grumbled.

"I was just playing, August. Stop being so grumpy all the time. Look at me."

I turned ta face her & watched as she wiped the food off ma face. At first when I saw ha, she was sexy. Now dat I got ta know ha I realized just how beautiful she was inside & out. 

Her beautiful brown, almond shaped eyes, her plump pink lips, da cute giggle she got, her soft brown skin

Her beautiful brown, almond shaped eyes, her plump pink lips, da cute giggle she got, her soft brown skin. Don't get me started on the body. Oh my gosh. Shit makin' me hard just thin-

"Augusssstttttt?", Amber drug out my name as her hand snapped me out of ma thoughts.

"Whaa?"

"I've been calling your name for the past 2 minutes but you kept staring at me like the creep you are."

"Ain't nobody no creep. I was just admirin' how beautiful you are." Her cheeks started turnin' red & she put her head down to try to hide it.

"Thank you.", she said quietly, playin' wit ha fingas.

"Ya welcome, mama. But I'm bout ta' go. It's getting late.", I said looking at da clock on ha wall.

"Okay. Do you want some food to go? There is plenty of it." She got up going towards the kitchen.

There was no need of saying no cuz she not gon let me walk out without a plate or 2.

*********************************************************

"Text me when you make it safe. NOT while you're driving. That's really dangerous & you could kill someone or yourself."

"I know mama. Imma see you lata, aight?", I said pullin' her into a hug.

"Mmkay.", she mumbled sadly. Seems like errytime I leave, she get sad. Maybe it's cuz she get lonely.

"Fix ya face. You too beautiful ta be frownin.", I said tiltin her head up by her chin with my finga. She blinked a couples times & nodded her head.

"Night mama." I kissed her forehead.

"Good night, August.", she said afta kissin' both my cheeks.

She so damn cute.

I looked at her & saw her cheeks red as hell.

"Why ya blushin'?"

"You said I was 'so damn cute'."

"Damn, I said that out loud? Well it's true. No need lie.", I winked at her.

"Goodbye, August."

"See ya lata babeh gurl."