Getting To Work

[Amber]

"So let me get this straight, you get to work with him AND you're getting paid?", Jessica asked.

I nodded my head & took a bite of my sandwich. We're in the middle of my lunch break & I decided to tell her about me having to work with August & she's still in shock.

"You got it good. He's good looking, single, he sings AND he likes you.", she smirked.

"I doubt he even likes me. We just met.", I said looking down.

"His lanky ass is all over you like creole seasoning on dirty rice.", she said.

"Really?", I said looking at with with my eyebrow raised.

"What that's the only thing I could come up with since he's from New Orleans. & oh my gosh that accent. Lucky ass.", she mumbled while playing with her salad.

"Enough about me what about Era? He's cute & seems really sweet.", I said. She tried to hide her smile but her red cheeks told it all.

"Yeah he's a great guy but I don't have his number.", she said.

"After you guys spent the entire night talking, how did you not get his number?", I asked.

"I got too drunk.", she said.

"Oh yeah. Drunk was even the word for you.", I laughed.

"Oh hush up. You didn't get August number that night either.", she teased.

"First of all, I not interested in August. He was just a nice person to be around. Second of all, he gave me his number yesterday.", I said sticking my tongue out at her.

"If you aren't interested in him then why do you have his number?", she asked with a smirk on her face.

"For business purposes only Einstein.", I said, grabbing my trash & hers.

"If you say so.", she winked.

[August]

"Uncle August!", I heard Kayden yell.

"In the back room!", I yelled back. Thank God Mama not here because she would beat our ass fa' yellin' in her house.

I'm watchin' the girls fa' her while she at work. There ain't nothin' ta' do so my lazy ass in the back room layin' on my stomach, chillin'.

I heard small footsteps against the floor then I felt a small body on my back.

"Why ya' on my back?", I asked.

"There is nothing to do.", she said.

"Where ya' sistas?", I asked.

"Sleeping."

"You not sleepy?", I asked.

"No. I took a nap already. Can you play with me?", she asked.

"Yeah. Get off my back. You gettin' heavy.", I joked.

"No, I'm not.", she said before climbin' off me.

"Yes you are.", I said sittin' up.

"That's why Granny said all your weight comes from your big head.", she said before runnin' out of the room gigglin'.

"Come back here!", I yelled runnin' afta her.

I came into the livin' room & saw no sign of her. I saw the curtain move a lil so I guess that's where she's hidin'.

I walked slowly towards the curtain & pulled it back seein' not a damn soul.

After 10 minutes of lookin' fa' her I got tired.