Black Christmas

*3 weeks later*

(Amber]

"Please Maw Maw?" I asked.

I was on Facetime with my grandparents while I was lounging around the house, mainly just laying in bed.

"No, girl."

"I'm coming this weekend and I can't get none?"

"Nope." she said, popping the 'p'. I heard the door open, close and shoes hit the floor. That had to be August. He's the only one with a key.

"Who you on the phone wit, baby?!" I heard a voice in the background which made me happy on the inside.

"Your sickenin' ass grandchild." she rolled her eyes.

"Let me talk to my baby." he came into the view and gave me a wide grin.

" he came into the view and gave me a wide grin

"Paw Paw!" I smiled.

"Hey Princess. Whatchu and ya grandma arguing about?" he asked.

"She wont cook me my favorites and I haven't been home in awhile!" I pouted.

"Don't pout baby. Paw Paw will get you which ever one you want, from any restaurant you want, okay?"

"Really?! Thank you Paw Paw you're the best!" I grinned, which made him laugh.

"Anything for my Princess. You still coming for Christmas?"

"Yes sir. I should be there sometime around noon. I missed you guys."

"We missed you, too baby girl. Now make sure I'm the first person you hug and kiss when you walk in the door." he smiled, being petty.

"I wish the hell she would." Maw Maw, snatched the phone from him, which made him crack up.

"I wouldn't do that Maw Maw. I love the both of you. I'll see you guys later. Love you!"

"Love you too, baby."

I heard smacking, only to see August helping his self to my stir fry.

"Now I see how you got so damn spoiled. One pout will getchu da whole damn NBA and NFL."

"For one, shut up. Secondly who told you to eat my food. I made that for me. If you want some food, go cook it."

"A nigga hungry and I didn't feel like cooking." he shrugged, shoveling more rice and stir fry into his mouth.

"When do you ever feel like cooking? Actually, I've never seen you cook anything. Can you cook?" I asked.

"Hell yeah. Last Thanksgiving, I cooked everything and Mama just made the cakes." he said proudly.

"Maybe that's why you didn't cook this year." I mumbled.

"Whatchu said smart?" he asked, furrowing his eyebrows.