Your Grandwhats?

Amber

"AMB babyeh, come on! You taking fa' eva!!" August yelled from downstairs.

At the moment Mama and I were getting ready for our yearly Thanksgiving event. I didn't tell him where we were going because I want it to be a surprise.

"Baby, we gon be late!" Papa yelled also.

"Shut the hell up, rushing us! & Xandar you know better than to rush me!" Mama yelled using his middle name.

"All I know is that you better be out here in 10 minutes or I'm leaving your ass!" He yelled back which made Mama's eye widen.

"I don't think he's playing. Last week he left me when we were suppose to go out to eat." She looked pissed off but she started laughing.

"Really?" I laughed with her. She stood in front of ne and resituated my hair, making sure nothing was out of place.

"Yeah. But good thing you're here because I know he wouldn't leave his Princess behind." She kissed my cheek.

"He might."

"Not a chance in hell. You have him wrapped around his finger about a million times." She smiled. "All we've had were boys and when your Father met your mother, she automatically became like a daughter to us. I don't know if I ever told you this but when your Daddy and Mama died after, a piece of your Papa died, too."

"I didn't know that." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Yeah. He kinda coped a little better when we lost your Daddy. But when we lost your Mama too, it hurt him even more but one thing saved him from losing his sanity."

"What was that?"

"You little lady." She tapped me nose with her well manicured finger.

"Me?"

"Yep. If you don't remember, when he would be sad you'd always give him a hug, kiss then tell him you loved him. I mean him & your Daddy already spoiled you rotten but after losing your parents he just held on even tighter to you & always kept you close to his heart."

I remember Papa basically adopting my Mama. She'd always call him Papa & Daddy would get a little mad when they came to visit because Mama would be the first one to get a hug & kiss.

"Before we had kids, he'd told me how much he wanted a daughter.  Now he loves his sons with everything in him but it was something about him having a daughter that I couldn't understand. But now I understand clearly." She explained. She was putting away the make up & unplugging the curling irons when we heard the bedroom door open. The bathroom door was left open because we had to keep walking back and forth to the bedroom.

We heard footsteps and a angry Papa standing in the doorway.

"Damn it woman, didn't I saw 10 minutes? Come on now, it's time to leave." He grumbled.

"I thought you said you were gonna leave me." She said with a knowing smirk.

"If my baby girl wasn't here, I would leave your ass & you know that." He said pulling me into a hug which made her laugh as she looked at me with a face that said 'I told you so'.

"I'm just teasing, baby. What car are we taking?" She pecked his lips.

"The Range. Now come on." He rushed.

"Wait, how do I look?" She stopped mid walk and did a little strut & turn.

"Beautiful, amazing, fucking delicious." He said which made her blush a little.

Normally I would be love how affectionate they were towards each other. But that was just-ew.

"Now bring ya sexy ass on." He said. When Maw Maw walked passed him, he slapped her on the butt really hard. I expected her to cuss him out but she didn't. I guess she's used to it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Baybeh, why I gotta blindfold on?" August asked.

"Because where we're going is a surprise." I told him for the 100th time. When we pulled outside our destination, I pulled out the noise canceling headset. "We're here but I need to put these on you."

He reached his hand out & felt on the headset.

"Hell nawl. Is ya'll trynna kill a nigga. Hell going on?"

"It's only for a couple of minutes. I promise you'll like it. Please, Boobie?" I whined with a pout.

"Aight, put em on me & quit poutin'."

I did a little dance in my seat & put the headset in him. I got out the car & opened the door for him & locked it afterwards. I grabbed his hand to guide him to our destination but as always, he had to go against the grain & put his hand on my hips.

The line was a bit longer than what I thought but we eventually got it.

Once I got to our seats, I took the headset off August.

"Why it's so loud? We inna club?" He yelled over the music.

"Take your blindfold off & look for yourself."

He took the blindfold off & squinted his eyes to get used to the light. Once he saw where we were, his mouth dropped.

"Baybeh, are you fuckin' kiddin' me, right now?"

"Nope." I giggled.

"But-but I thought we were going wit ya grandparents ta the place ya'll go every year fa Christmas. Like ya'll traditional place." He stammered, as his eyes follow the half naked strippers walking by.

"We are. This is it. See." I pointed to my grandparents a couple seats over, seeing my Paw Paw get a lap dance while my Maw Maw slapped the stripper on the butt.

August just watched with a surprising expression.

"Man, yo grandparents outta this world. They ain't like other grandparents."

"I know." I cheesed.