Sleepover

[Amber]

"Pleasee!", I whined.

"No"

"Pleasee! I don't see what's so bad with me wanting to spend time with your nieces."

"Damn it, Amber. I said no. Whatchu don't undastand? The 'N' or the 'O'?", August asked.

"Fine.", I huffed. I got up from beside him and sat on the couch further away.

"So you call yoself mad, nah?", he asked.

I just looked at him and rolled my eyes.

"Keep on and they gon' fall out."

I didn't respond and continued watching whatever was on TV.

"Amber?", he called out but got no response. He sighed before grabbing his keys off the coffee table and walking out, slamming the door in the process.

"Don't slam my door, asshole!", I yelled.

Ugh he makes me angry! Now it's just me, myself, and I. Lonely as always. Maybe I overreacted. I'm so used to getting my way with PawPaw. It's my way or the high way. It's a bad habit but I was raised like this. My Daddy started it and when he died my PawPaw continued it but 10 times worse.

Meanwhile with Era & Jess

Knock Knock Knock

"Coming!", Jess yelled while putting her remote down on the couch. "Who is it?", she asked but she heard nothing so she cracked the door but made she had the slide lock on. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to talk to. If that's alright.", he said.

"Okay. Talk."

"Come on, Ma. You not gon' let me come in?", he smirked. That smirk didn't faze her. He thought it would make her blush or let him in but it didn't and he realized that

"No. You lost all the rights to come into my house. So if you wanna talk then talk. If not, get the fuck off my property. You got 30 seconds to choose before I shoot your ass and call the police to scrape your brains up.", she snapped.

"Damn.", he mumbled. He didn't know what was sexier. How red her face got when she was mad or how she was snapping.

"Nigga you got 10 seconds left.", she barked.

"I came to apologize. I was wrong to tell you some shit like that. It's not that I didn't want a baby it's just I'm not ready. I ain't have a father figure so I don't know how to be one. I know whatchu thinking. No, this ain't no sob story to getchu to feel sorry for me. I want you to see how genuine my apology is and how sincere I am. I apologize for my words toward you and calling you out of your name. It wasn't my intentions to make you feel bad about yourself or actually make you consider getting an abortion. I just really hope you can forgive me and allow to be in my child-our child's life."

She listened until he was finished and just stared at him.

"Okay.", she said simply with a straight face.

"Okay? We cool now?", he asked surprised.

"We're cordial. Forgiveness is in the process. I'll text and call you on updates about our baby and inform you when the appointments are. If it isn't anything about our child, please don't contact me. Goodbye, Era.", she said before closing the door.

[Amber]

As I was about to sit down to eat and watch TV, someone rang my doorbell.

"Ughhh! Coming!", I yelled. "As soon as I sit down to eat, somebody come getting on my nerves", I mumbled.

"Who is it?", I asked but I got no response.

"I'm not opening the door until I get an answer. Who is it?", I asked again.

"Ms. Amber, it's me!", a little voice yelled which made my eyes almost pop out of my head. I couldn't get the door opened fast enough. It's Kayden!

I swung the door open and picked her up while smothering her little face in kisses. All I heard were her giggles and a deep chuckle.

I put her down and saw August smirking with his hands in his pockets.

"Sorry it took so long. She took forever decidin' what ta pack. Noonie and Chay at a sleepova wit some olda friends and Munchkin was just chillin' wit Mama. So I thought we could have a sleepova of our own"

"It's okay. Come on, Princess. Let's go watch a whole bunch of movies and sing until August's ears bleed.", I took her hand and led her inside.

"But I don't wanna make his ears bleed! Can we just sing until we make him cry?", Kayden suggested.

"You know what? That sounds like a better idea. Pick whatever movie you want from that shelf in the other room."

"Okay!", she ran off to find a movie. I have no doubt in my mind that she will come back with at least 10 movies.

***************************************************

After eating and watching 4 whole movies, Kayden fell asleep on August in the middle of what would be the 5th one.

"Imma take her upstairs. I'll be right back.", he whispered. I nodded my head and continued watching the movie until August came back in my room and sat on bed.

I looked at him and pouted. He closed his eyes and sighed.

"Now what, mama?", he asked.

I scooted closer to him and buried my face in his chest, getting a good wiff of his cologne. He always smells so good.

"I'm sorry.", I mumbled.

"Fa what?", he asked, rubbing my back.

"Being a spoiled brat. I just overreacted.", I looked up at him. He smirked and kissed my forehead.

"It's cool. I knew you were spoiled from the otha day when you made me talk ta E."

"It's not my fault! Blame my Daddy and PawPaw for making me this way.", I pouted.

"Aye quit that.", he said sternly.

"Quit what?", I asked.

"Poutin'. Ion like seeing you sad. You deserve ta be happy and smilin'. You too beautiful ta' be frownin'.", he said caressing my cheek with his thumb.

I laid my head back on his chest and yawned.

"Tired?", he asked and I nodded in response.

"Imma be back lata on ta pick Kay up.", he said about to get up but I cling on to him, balling his shirt into my fist.

"No. Stay.", I whined.

"Stay? You sho?", he asked. 

I lifted my head from his chest to look him directly in his eyes so he knew I was serious.

"Yes."

"Aight. Let me get comfortable.", he tapped my thigh twice. I rolled over and watched him stand up and start to unbutton his pants.

"What are you doing?", I whisper-yelled, with wide eyes.

"Gettin' comfortable. You lucky I'm bein' a gentleman cuz I usually sleep butt ass naked.", he grinned which made my face turn bright red. He's so nasty.

I laid down, turning on my side with my back facing him and let him continue getting 'comfortable'. The bed dipped down and his arms wrapped securely around my waist and pulled me to him. He held me tightly and peppered the base of my neck with soft kisses.

"Goodnight.", I whispered.

"Night mama.", he mumbled in my ear before putting his face in the crook of my neck.