Stubborn

(From the chapter 'The Meeting' it was October 14th so now it's a couple days before Thanksgiving of 2013. Yes it's a little behind but soon it'll be caught up)

[Amber]

"Amber, come on!"

"No, Jessica!"

"It wouldn't hurt to go!"

Instead of arguing with her, I just got up and walked from the stools at the island and moved to the couch.

What she is bothering about happened yesterday afternoon when Ms. Sheila invited me to have dinner at her house for Thanksgiving.

FLASHBACK

knock knock

"Come in.", I said shutting down my computer.

"You have a visitor.", Jess announced.

"Send them in. I was just about to leave.", I spoke while putting the files back into the cabinet where they belong.

Jess walked out but kept the door opened for the guest/visitor. After waiting for like 1 minute, Ms. Sheila walked in. Shocker!

"Um hi Ms. Sheila."

"Hi? That's all I get. Gurl get ova hea and give me a hug.", she said with her hand on her hip.

Obeying her respectfully, I stood up and gave her a hug and she hugged me back tightly but not too tight.

"Ohh I haven't seen you in awhile.", she said once she pulled away from the hug and gave a glance over.

I gave her a tight smile but it wasn't a real one.

"Baby, you seem sad. What's the matter?", she asked.

"It's nothing I can't handle.", I lied.

"Don't chu lie to me. Come sit and have a talk wit Mama Sheila.", she sat down on the couch and patted the cushion. 

I sat next to her and looked down at my manicured fingernails.

"Now tell me the truth. What is it? Family problems?", she asked. As soon as she said family, my eyes began to burn a little.

"No ma'am. I don't have any family. They all passed during Hurricane Katrina."

She covered her mouth with her hands and cursed under her breath.

"I'm so sorry, baby girl. I didn't mean any harm.", she apologized with guilt written all over her face.

"It's fine. You didn't know."

"Well what's the matter? Does it have to deal with friends? Boys?", she asked. I stiffened up when she said boys and she noticed it. "Damn it. It's about August, ain't it?"

"Something like that.", I muttered.

"I figured it was something. I just had to put 2 and 2 together because he been mopin around everywhere like he lost his best friend. The only time he smiles is when he's playin with the gurls. I can't get him to say one word to me. Only place he do is to the studio and that's about it."

August is like this, too? I won't give it long before he's back to normal. Smoking, drinking, & having sex with girls.

Just the thought of him in general brought tears to my eyes. I miss him. He was my best friend and now he's gone and I'm back to being by myself.

"Aw suga. He hurt you something bad, didn't it?", she asked in a whisper. I just nodded my head and tried to wipe away my tears but she pulled me into a much needed hug as sobs left my mouth. "I won't ask what happened since the wound is still fresh but I can only tell you that things will get better. I brought up the idea of having you for Thanksgiving dinner a couple days ago to the gurls and they loved it, especially Kay Kay. I would love for you to come, too. You shouldn't be by yourself on Thanksgiving, baby.", she whispered in my ear.

Before giving her an answers, I pulled away from the hug and wiped my tears.

"I'll think about it. I have to check on my friend Jessica and see what she has planned. None of her family lives here and I didn't want her to have dinner alone either."

"Well whatever you decide is fine by me. I just want you to be happy. Give me a call sometimes, okay? You can always talk to me."

"Yes ma'am. Thank you very much.", I muttered giving her another hug.

"Amber, will you just listen to what I have to say?"

I gave her a look telling her to continue.

"I won't be here for Thanksgiving this year. I already have everything set and I forgot to mention it to you. Otherwise, I would've made you come with me. This is a great opportunity to see the girls, see Ms. Sheila and create a better bond with her. I know it hurts to not have a family but please consider going to the house of a loving family who invited you with open arms. I'll be back a few days afterwards and I promise we can do whatever you want."

"Anything?", I asked with a smirk.

"Damn Imma regret saying anything you want but as long as it keeps you from being mad at me then yes anything.", she sighed.

"Okay okay. I'll go. Only because I want to see the girls and get closer with Ms. Sheila."

"Just pretend like Asshole Creole isn't there. Ohh I just wanna beat that nigga face in.", she spoke with so much venom.

"Stop talking negative before Nemo comes out mean and evil like his mama.", I grinned as she side eyed me.

"Fuck you.", she grunted.

"I love you, too.", I blew a kiss at her.