Make Up

[Amber]

"Can we talk?", he asked.

"About what? About how you yelled at me? Or about how you went off on your 4 year old niece like she was a grown man?", I asked, while watching flipping through the channels on the TV.

"Actually both.", he said.

"Talk.", I said, still facing the TV.

"Can you turn the TV off and face me?", he asked. I could tell he was getting frustrated but I don'e care.

"Nope.", I said popping the 'p'.

"Damn it, Amber.", he mumbled under his breath. He snatched the remote out of my hands and turned the TV off.

"Hey! Why'd you do that?", I asked, trying to take the remote from him but he stood up and held it above his head, making it hard for me to get since he's taller than me.

"I'm tryna talk ta' you but ya' ass actin' stubborn.", he said, still holding the remote above his head while I kept jumping to grab it.

"Give me back my remote!", I groaned in frustration.

"Sit ya' ass down and listen ta' me then you can have the damn remote.", he said with a chuckle.

Why the hell is he laughing at? I find nothing funny.

I sat down on the couch ad folded my arms. He sat next to me and he was still laughing.

"Asshole.", I mumbled under my breath.

"Aye now. Don't start wit the name calling cause I didn't call you outta yo' name.", he said.

"Yes you did.", I said, childishly.

"What did I call you?", he asked.

"You called me stubborn."

"That's cause you're stubborn.", he said.

"And you're a hot head.", I said.

"Yeah, I know. My mama tole' me the same thing today. And I wanna apologize for how I acted a couple weeks ago and today. Talkin' bout my brotha Mel is a very sensitive topic. Somedays I have no problem talkin' bout him and then somedays I'm not in the mood ta' talk bout him. I didn't mean ta' snap at you or Kay the way I did. I'm really sorry and I hope you can forgive me.", he said, genuinely.

"Ugh. Okay, fine. I forgive you.", I said feeling defeated.

"Thank you.", he said giving me his million dollar smile.

"Are you hungry? I was gonna make Kay and I lunch but then you came barging in like 'Uncle Big Bad Wolf'.", I asked.

"Wait so you forgive people just like that and keep it moving?", he asked.

"Yeah. My Granny taught me that if you hold a grudge against someone, you're only hurting yourself. Life's too short to be mad all the time.", I said.

"That's true.", he said.

"So are you hungry or not?", I asked, standing up.

"Yeah. Anything you make will be fine.", he said.

"Alright. Food should be done in like half an hour.", I said walking towards the kitchen.

[August]

I'm so glad she forgave me. A nigga was damn near close ta' losin' it. I've never been this crazy bout a girl who don't give a damn about me.