Apologies & New Friends

[Amber]

I don't know how I'm going to continue working with Jessica. It's going to be kind of hard because we were friends now we're not.

"Ughh. I don't wanna go to work!", I whined to myself as I was on my way to work.

Pulling up to the building, I put my phone inside my burgundy Prada suitcase that my Grandpa got me for Christmas. I didn't ask him for anything but he bought it for me anyway like always.

I love my grandparents dearly. Even though they live in Athens, which is an hour from Atlanta, they are very busy. My grandma, or as I call her MeMe or sometimes Mama, own multiple restaurants throughout Georgia, Florida, Louisiana, & Texas. She wants more restaurant but I think she has enough. As an adult I still don't know what my PaPa, my grandpa, does for a living. He said he'll tell me when I'm old enough. Like when is that going to be? 30 years from now I'm 50?!

"Good morning Amber.", Jessica said genuinely with a nervous smile.

"It's Ms. Combs please & good morning. Please send my the schedule of my clients to my office.", I said professionally. Her smile dropped & it was replaced with a slight frown. I felt bad but this is what she caused right? I'm just doing what's best.

 ~~~~

"Amber-I mean Ms. Combs?", Jessica said, knocking on the door.

"Yes?"

"Here is the list of the clients for today. The first client will be here in an hour.", she said handing me a piece of paper.

"Thank you.", I said grabbing the paper & taking a quick glance.

Scanning the paper 3 times, I saw Kayden's name nowhere. Dang!

"Is this how things are going to be from now on?", she murmured. I looked up at her with my eyebrows furrowed.

"What are you talking about?", I asked.

"This.", she said motioning between the two of us. "Are you really going to stop talking to me? Stop our friendship because of a spoken mistake?"

"Yes. No friendship. Just business & professionalism.", I said, placing the paper on the side of my desk.

"What I said was stupid! I was drunk!", she exclaimed.

"A drunk mind speaks a sober heart, Jessica. Deep down you really felt that way & it only took a sip of alcohol to encourage you to finally say it. Now if you'll excuse me, I have work to do.", I said politely as possible. She had a sad expression across her face along with guilt.

"Okay. I'll see you later Ms. Combs.", she said, quietly.

******************************************************

"Sexiness in da' house! Well office!"

"August stop yelling & what are you doing here?", I asked.

"It's almost time fa' our session. I thought we could grab somethin' ta' eat.", he said scratching the back of his neck. Aw, he's nervous.

"That sounds nice. Let me grab my stuff & I'll be ready.", I said giving him a smile.

"Aight ma. I'a be outside waitin' fa' ya", he said, walking out my office.

[August]

"Hey August.", Jess said once she saw me sitting in the lounge area waitin' fa' Amber.

"Sup", I said, giving her a head nod. She chuckled evilly & started shakin' her head.