Drunk In Love

[Amber]

"We be all night! Lovveeeee!", Jessica & Jazinae sung off tune to the Beats Pill speaker I had in the living room.

"Oh my gosh. You guys sound like two suffering cats.", I said which made Asia laugh.

"You guys need to get up & let's have some fun. Don't be snobs.", Jessica whined.

"I am having fun. Lots of fun.", I said.

"Shit! I forgot we had wine.", Jess said running to the kitchen.

"Ohhhh. Can you pour me a glass?", Jazinae yelled from the living room floor.

"I gotchu guh'!", Jess yelled.

Asia & I were talking & watching Netflix while the other two acted like fools.

"So, Amber, what do you do for a living?", Asia asked politely, turning to face me.

"I'm a therapist with my own practice.", I answered.

"So how did you meet Jessica?"

"I hired her when I first started out. I've known her for almost 3 years & we just started hanging out not to long ago."

"Oh okay. Why are you guys just now hanging out?", she asked.

"I have no idea. I'm more of a loner. I've never had any friends growing up. Give me a book & I'll be great by myself."

"Oh my gosh! That's exactly how I am. I love relaxing with a great book to read. Especially when I'm at the beach!", she with an excited expression across her face.

"Yess! That is my favorite place to read or relax. I believe we are long lost twins. Enough about me. What about you? What do you do for a living?", I asked.

"I'm a nurse at the hospital uptown & I'm going to school to get my degree as a physician or a clinical social worker. I haven't really decided yet. I wanted to become a lawyer when I was in high school but that is way too much stress for me & my health.", she explained.

"Would y'all stop talking so damn much & come party with us?!", Jazinae yelled with a slur.

Her posture was different then from a few minutes ago. She could barely stand up. You could tell Jessica was drunk as well because she was stumbling like a old drunk man. I don't know what was up with Jess but she just giggling at nothing.

"Jaz, how did you guys manage to get drunk off wine? Did you mix it with something else?", Asia asked, standing up & walking towards Jazinae.

"Nooo.", she hicupped.

"Give it here.", Asia said holding her hand out.

"Give you what?", Jazinae asked with her face scrunched up.

"Do not play stupid with me. Right now is not the time to act stupid. Hand over the flask right now or so help me I'll beat your ass, drag you home, pack up your shit & ship you to a local hotel. Now hand it over. NOW!", Asia demanded, with her hand still out.

Jazinae sighed & dug in her bra & pulled out a small black flask, then slowly slid it in Asia's hand.

Asia opened the top to the flask & smelled it.

"Really? Vodka? You added vodka to your wine?", she asked. Her faace showed two different emotions. She was hurt & exremely angry.

"It's good as hell too!", Jessica yelled holding up her glass.

"Shut the hell up Jessica! I'm not talking to you. Jaz, why are you over doing it? We talked about this. You promised you wouldn't over do your drinking.", Asia asked, as her eye filled with tears. Jazinae's eyes soften as she sobered up.