Annoying August

Amber:

"August, stahhhpppp." I whined as he repeatedly smacked on popcorn while I was going through my client's files.

"I ain't doin' nothin'." He smirked before throwing another handful into his big mouth.

He was smacking loudly and he knew I hated when people did that. After staying with my grandparents for a few days, we were finally back in Atlanta & I had to catch up with my work. I had a couple new clients so now I have to organize the paperwork & start doing to research.

Pissed off, I gathered all my paperwork & put them inside my brief case.

"Whea you goin'?" He asked laughing like something was funny but I don't see nothing funny at all.

I ignored him & headed upstairs to my room. I closed the door behind me before locking it so he wouldn't come in.

I was finally in some piece & quiet until I heard a knock on my door.

"Amb? Why you in thea? Why you left me in da livin' room?" He asked.

I kept quiet & proceeded to finish my work.

"I'm sorry, aight? Can I come in?" He sighed.

Silence.

"Baybeh, please. I'm sorry. I won't smack or breathe too loudly." He said softly.

Don't give in Amber. He said that the last time.

"Please let me in. I promise to be quiet." He whined like he's 2 years old.

When I didn't answer him, I heard his back sliding against the door which meant he was sitting on the floor, leaning against my room door.

A few seconds later I looked at the door & saw his tattoed fingers coming from under the door like a child when the Mama closes the door on them while they're using the bathroom.

"August, get away from my door." I laughed at his childish behavior.

"Not until you let me in. I'm sorry, baybeh. I'll be quiet while you work. I promise. If I do, you can kick me out, okay?"

I got up from the bed & opened the door, only to see him laying on the floor. He quickly stood up & gave me an innocent smile but nothing is innocent about this man.

"Okay. & if you do bother me, you don't get to touch me for 2 weeks." I threatened. He's a very touchy-lovey person. He can't go 10 minutes without touching me so I know he couldn't go 2 weeks.

"2 weeks?! Nah, you buggin'." He complained.

"Well I guess you better not bother me." I shrugged.

He sighed heavily & nodded his head, saying he agreed to our deal. He walked past me & laid on my bed, getting comfortable on my pillows.

Once I sat down, he scooted closer to me, laying his head on my chest & wrapping his arms around my waist.

After about an hour and a half, with a sleepy August asleep on my chest, I was finally finished & caught up with my work.

When I went to put my folder on the night stand, he started to toss & turn. Then I noticed the sweat forming on his forehead.

"August." I shook him a little. He only groaned a little before opening his eyes slightly to look at me. They were red & swollen underneath. "You okay, Boobie?" I caressed his cheek.

"Ion feel good." He grumbled.

Before I could ask him what's wrong, he jumped up & ran into my bathroom & closed the door. Not too long afterwards, I heard him throwing up in the toilet.

I followed him & saw him hunched over, puking his guts out. I got a rag from my shelf & ran cold water on it. When he was done, he flushed the toilet but he stayed on the floor, leaning back onto the tub.

"You okay?" I asked, wiping his face with the cool rag, hoping to cool him down.

He shook his head.

"Do you feel like you gotta throw up some more?"

He shook his head again.

"Do you want to brush your teeth?" I asked & this time he nodded his head. I went to the sink & grabbed his spare toothbrush & prepped it with toothpaste for him. "Okay, I got you toothbrush ready for you, Aug."

"Ion got no energy to get up." He rasped. He looked so tired & he looked like he was in pain. Poor baby.

I grabbed two rinse cups & filled one up with water. I carried the cups & toothbrush over to him but instead of grabbing them, he just looked at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Can't move." He pouted.

I kneeled in front of him with the toothbrush & sat the cup next to his leg.

"Open."

He opened his mouth like a baby bird, waiting for the Mama to drop a worm in his mouth. I can't believe I'm brushing his teeth for him.

After brushing his teeth & scrubbing his tongue, I held the cup of water to his mouth.

"Swish it around, then spit into this cup. You want mouthwash, too?" I asked him but he his head no. "Come on, let's get you to the room so I can go make you something to eat."

I offered him a hand to help pull him up but he held both of his arms up like a 3 year old wanting to be picked up by his Mama.

"Now your pushing it August." I looked at him like he was crazy, only for him to laugh at my facial expression.

Lord, help me take care of this man baby.