Life and Death - Klance

(Lance's P.O.V)

I ran after my friend who flew high in the sky. His name was Hunk and he was a beautiful yellow and gray bird who loved to eat and try to cook. But his feathers got in the way of that. As I ran after him he suddenly dropped to the ground. "Hunk?", I called out running faster to the spot where he landed. Once I got there Hunk was surrounded in tall grass. "Hunk?", I asked again. I felt worry bubble up inside me, why was my friend not responding? Suddenly a strong gust of wind blew past me. I closed my eyes, not wanting dust to get in them. When I opened them again a man was standing there. He was holding a giant sythe and he wore a soft looking black robe. I grabbed Hunk from off the ground and I noticed that he was limp in my arms. "I need that bird", the man said. I turned back to him. He was staring at me with curiosity. "I can't give him to you", I spat at him. The man sighed. "Let me guess... you are life. Or the god of it", he said. I nodded slowly. "Then can't you bring him back?", the man asked. I felt my heart drop. "I-I c-can't", I stuttered out. "Well why not?", the man asked me once more. "Because... I can't fight against Death", I said. I then realized who I was talking to. "You are death aren't you?", I asked him. His violet eyes sparkled once I said that. He nodded. "Yep, I'm Death, but you can call me Keith. I like that better then Death", Keith said. I just stared at him. "Wait how can Death be so handsome?", I asked, my thoughts coming through my mouth. Both me and Keith blushed, looking away from each other. "Well anyways I need to take that bird... he needs to go now", Keith said. I looked back at him, tears now coming out of my eyes. Sure Keith was handsome, but now he was taking away my best friend. Keith bent down onto the ground, the tall grass coming up to his waist. "Listen...", Keith was going to say. I realized that he didn't know my name. "Oh call me Lance", I said. Keith nodded. "Listen Lance, I will take good care of your friend", Keith said. I stared at him, my tears now slowly sliding down my cheeks. "You promise", I said. He nodded. "I promise", he replied. I then shakily handed him Hunk. He took him quickly. He turned down to look at the bird, and he then looked back up at me. "I can become your new friend it you want me to", Keith offered. I smiled at him. "I would love it", I said honestly. He then got up from his crouch position while I stayed in mine. He then walked away, back into the dark woods. I stayed behind in the light of the sun. Once he was gone I broke down in tears.

~Time skip~

(Third Person P.O.V)

Soon after Keith took away Hunk, he would visit Lance almost everyday. Keith felt bad that he made the beautiful god cry, so when he would visit he would bring sweets. Sometimes Keith would even bring sea water and sand since Lance was afraid to leave the forest. One day when Keith visited Lance had set up a small picnic for them. "Hi Keith!", Lance exclaimed when Keith walked over. Keith waved at him. Keith, for some time, knew that he has a giant crush on the other god. And today Keith was going to tell him. Keith sat down on the blanket next to Lance. Lance then pulled out some sandwiches and handed them to Keith. There hands brushed, causing Keith to blush a little. "Oh Lance I got you something", Keith said. Lance then watched Keith pull out a small cake. "Wow this looks good!", Lance exclaimed. Lance then grabbed a spoon and started to eat the cake, some of the frosting getting all over his face. Keith laughed when Lance looked back up at him, his entire chin and mouth looked like a cloud. "Here", Keith said. He then grabbed a napkin and started to clean Lance's face. Lance blushed. Keith was close. To close in fact. "There now you don't look like a messy baby", Keith said. Lance laughed at that. "Hey Lance...", Keith said after a small moment of silence. Lance hummed, showing that he was listening. "I just want to say, ever since I met you... I have been having these emotions. And most of them are happy... and I want to say that I have a massive crush on you and-", Keith wasn't able to finish his sentence as Lance launched himself onto Keith. There lips connected and when they pulled apart Lance was smiling. "Just for your information. I love you Keith", Lance said. Keith laughed at this. "Wow, who knew that Life and Death could fall in love", Keith whispered. Lance laughed. "Yeah... who knew".