Part 14/Newsies' P.O.V.

“How’s he doin’, David?” Les asked, jumping onto his older brother. Davey laughed at him and he carried Les back over to the group and set him down on a table.

“Jack’s doing just fine, Les. He remembers us, but he can’t remember anyone’s name. He knows your faces though,” he said, addressing the whole group now. The newsies seemed to have mixed emotions with this short response; relieved he’s alright, happy he remembers them, and upset that he doesn’t fully remember them. Upon seeing this, Katherine had a light bulb click on to lighten the mood.

“Well, you guys should’ve heard Lizzy and Jack sing together,” she said, nudging her. Lizzy looked at Katherine,wishing she hadn’t said anything about it.

“WHAT?” the group responded.

“What did ya sing?” Jojo asked. Lizzy told them what it was and the newsies asked her to do another song. She tried to protest, but she lost the argument when Crutchie came up behind her, hugging her waist, and kissed the back of her head, making her blush.

“Fine,” she said, giving in. Some of the newsies gave a short cheers but got quiet instantly so they could hear her.

Wise men say,

Only fools rush in.

But I can't help,

Falling in love with you.

Shall I stay?

Would it be a sin?

But I can't help,

Falling in love with you.

But I can't help,

Falling in love,

With you,” she sang, adding a few riffs of her own to spice it up. The guys applauded her and she took a bow, sheepishly. Lizzy walked over to her seat and sat down between Crutchie and Elmer for dinner.

“Yous sang that for me, didn't ya?” he asked, leaning towards her ear.

“Yeah, I did,” she whispered back, kissing his cheek. The group talked into the evening, as well as the four answering questions the others had about their visit with Jack. They talked and laughed until eight at night.

The group said goodnight to Katherine as she took a taxi back to her home. Davey picked up Les, who fell asleep against him, and the group headed back to their home.