Jack's P.O.V

I looked over to Crutchie. I saw the fire eating everything in its path. I looked around quickly to make sure none of the boys was going to get hurt. Then, I saw Spot Conlon, the leader of the Brooklyn newsies, helping out Finch. I saw one of the flames barreling toward them and there was spilled oil on the ground. And with Finch's cigar, it'll be a war zone.

“Finch! Spot! Look out!” I yelled, running toward them. I tackled them both to the ground, away from the fire.

“Th-thanks,” Spot heaved. I nodded.

“Newsies! Clear out!” I ordered. Everyone threw the water in their buckets then ran away from the fire.

“Jack! What about-?” Lizzy started asking me. “There's nothin’ wes can do ‘bout it,” I said. I dragged her and Les away from the fire.

“Is everyone here? Albert? Finch? Race? Specs? Crutchie? Spot? Henry? Romeo? Mush? Tommy-Boy? Buttons? Smalls? Elmer? Jojo?” I called. Each boy answered to say they were there, safe.

“Davey?” Nothing. “David?!” I said again. No answer. “Where's David?” I looked against the crowd. Then I heard a scream behind me.

“JACK!” It was Davey. He was inside the building.

“Oh my God...Crutchie! Yous in charge! I said, looking at him. I ran towards the building, ignoring Lizzy's screams in the background. Tying my paint splattered bandana around my nose and mouth, I went inside to save our brother.

*Time Skip*

"DAVEY!” I screamed. I could barely see where I was going. “Davey! Where are ya?!” I kept on calling him in between coughs.

“JACK!” Jack, I'm here!” I heard him call back. I went in the direction of his voice. He was in our room.

“Davey! What the hell are ya doin’? C'mon, wes gotta get ya outta here!” I said, picking him up. He leaned against me for some support. I saw that his left leg was burned, bleeding, and twisted at a slight angle.

“I'm sorry, Jack. I had to get the money or we'd have nothing,” he said. I coughed hard. I took off my bandana and did my best to tie around his face to help him breathe better.

“Look, let's worry ‘bout our lives,” I answered.