Lizzy's P.O.V

(My drawing skills.........wow. So, yeah, this is Lizzy Kelly if she was in the musical. I kind of made her look a bit like Jack, cause.......you read the story. So, let's continue, shall we?)

I pushed through Romeo and Specs to get by. I'm so glad we moved to something like the Lodge. I sat down on my bed and just buried my face into my hands and cried. He's awake, but he doesn't remember. This thought seemed to circle my head. Then, I heard someone knock on the door frame.

"Hey, Liz? Can we come in?" Davey asked. Don't know why he was asking, since they were to allowed to come in has they pleased. I didn't answer. I stared down at my feet as I heard the creaks and clicks on the floor as they come in.

"Can yous two leave me alone?" I asked. Apparently, they're deaf. Davey sat on my left and Crutchie on my right.

"Didn't ya hear me?" I said, still staring at the floor.

"Liz-" Crutchie started. He seemed to be at a lost for words, so Davey spoke up.

"You know we'll always be here if you want to talk to us, okay?" he reassured.

"Yeah. Wes a family and we never let nobody down," Crutchie added. Reluctantly, I looked up at him. He smiled at me, warmly, and then wrapped his arms around me, gently rocking. I put my arms around him and just buried my head in his neck. Davey rubbed my back.

"We'll figure this out, Liz. I promise," he said.

"And whateva way that is, wes do it togetha, right?" Crutchie said. I just nodded, still at a lost for words. I pulled away from him and went to change. I pulled on my black tank and some sweatpants. I went back to my bed and climbed in.

"Yous call it," I said, looking to Crutchie. He nodded.

"Lights out!" he called, as the other newsies came into the room and got into their beds. Albert smiled at me at he climbed into his bed, which is above me. Crutchie kisses my cheek and said "goodnight" and he went to sleep.

I layed on my side, facing him, and thought, I'm visiting Jack tomorrow, right after shift. With this positive thought, I drifted into my dreams. I guess that's all I'm inclined to do.