Chapter 63

Chapter 63

Finnick Pov.

Everyone is eating dinner and chitchatting, it's nice. Being together with all the victors and talking.

"Speaking of District 12," Says Darius. "I had something to ask my parents along with Finnick and Annie."

Is he gonna ask for permission to date her?! Does this kid get any better?!

"Well two things actually," he says. "First question, Finnick, Annie, can I date your daughter?"

Maggie smiles and Annie smiles and before even asking Annie I say; "Go ahead!"

Maggie looks surprised, Darius smiles.

"Second question," I say.

"Could I possibly take Maggie to district 12 for awhile?" he asks.

Darius, I mentally shake my head. You were doing so well until you asked to take my little girl for "a little while".

"Finn," Annie says.

"Yes," I say.

"Since you decided on the first question I get to decide the second question." She smirks... Uh oh...

"Uh, uh... Uh.. okay I guess that's only fair."

"Sure you can go to district 12, if that's okay with Katniss and Peeta,"

"Definitely," Peeta says. "We'll take care of her for as long as the two want to hang out."

"Thanks for letting me go," Maggie says.

"Of course Maggie,"

If it were with Michael I would've laughed in his face.

----------------------------------

"I think you handled that well at dinner, I'm proud of you." Annie says.

"Thanks Annie, I didn't think I could just, agree like that. It's not easy, I realized that if they work out, what if she moves away? What if she decides to live in District 12? How often will we see her?" I ask.

Annie wraps her petite arms around me, "Finn," she says. "This is her life, and we'll support her, she'll always come back, if they even decide to live in district 12. What if they wanna live in district 4? We can't look that far ahead yet."

"Yeah, I know. I know it's the right thing to do, to do whatever it takes for her to be happy." I say.

Annie nods, "You're doing better than I think anyone thought you would."

I laugh, "I'm trying."