Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Finnick Pov.

I wake up and see Annie still asleep. Finn has school today, I give her a kiss. Her eyes flutter open.

"Good morning, Sugar cube." I whisper, she smiles. "Want me to take Finn to school today? You can stay home with Maggie."

"Sure, thanks Finn." she whispers back. "Could you bring Maggie in here before you go?"

"Yea," I say and I go into Maggie's room. I pick her up and carry her into Annie and I's room. "Here you go." I put her on the bed next to Annie.

"Thanks, I love you." she says.

"Love you more." I tell her.

"Love you most." she beats me at the little game her and I always play.

"I'll be back soon." I say. I knock on Finn's door. "Hey, bud. Ready for school?" He comes out all dressed in his favorite outfit. "Someone's dressed nice today."

"Thanks, I wanted to look nice so that I could tell Angie that I like her." he explains.

Annie was right, he's going for her.

"Cool, well good luck." I give him breakfast and we head out. "Nervous?"

"Yea, really nervous." he tells me.

"Don't worry, and Finn, if she doesn't like you in the same way, she's the one missing out, okay? Any girl would be lucky to be your girlfriend." I tell him.

"Okay, thanks Dad." we get to his school. "Bye Dad!"

"Bye, bud! May the odds be ever in your favor." I wink at him and he smiles.

I hope things go good for him. I walk back home and see Annie and Maggie sitting on the couch.

"There's my two favorite girls," I say smiling at them. I sit next to them. "So Finn is going for Angie."

"I knew he would, do you think she'll like him too?" Annie asks.

"Why wouldn't she? He's the cutest boy at that school." I say.

"Why? Because he looks like you?" Annie teases me.

I laugh a little, "Of course."

She laughs too. "I think she likes him too."

"And who knows? This could be his Annie." I tell her.

"Don't look that far ahead." she says, that's still her little boy. She doesn't want him to start dating already. I'm sure I'll feel that way about Maggie. But with Finn I feel like I'm his friend that's encouraging him and giving him advice.

"Aw, someone's little boy is growing up." I tell her.

"Don't tease me this much, or when Maggie starts dating I'll drive you crazy." She threatens me.

"Don't look that far ahead! She was born two days ago!" I jokingly yell.

She laughs, "See, it already bugs you."

I laugh too. We sit and talk until it's time to get Finn from school. Annie brings Maggie and we all go. Annie pushes Maggie in the green stroller that we used for Finn. We get to his school, we see him give Angie a hug.

"It looks like it went well." I say.

He sees us and walks over. "Hi Mom. Hi Dad."

"Hi Finn." Annie and I say in sync.

"Can I take Angie to the beach today? Like Dad took you." he asks.

I smile, "I'm fine with that."

"Me too, want me to pack you guys a picnic?" Annie asks.

"Yea! That would be awesome! Thanks Mom!" he says, hugging Annie.

"Okay, let's go get you ready." she says.

"Let me go tell Angie to meet me at the beach." He says.

He tells her and she nods and smiles at us.

We smile back. We take Finn home.

"Finn, I want to give you my old bathing suite. I wore it the day I found Annie." I tell him.

"Really?" he asks.

"Yea, come on it's upstairs in my closet." I say.

He runs up there, and puts it on. He's never looked so much like me. I feel like I'm looking at a mirror from so many years ago.

"You look just like me on that day." I tell him, remembering the best day of my life, meeting Annie.

"It's kind of my good luck charm." he says and I smile.

"Yup." I agree. "Now let's get you to your date."

We walk down the stairs. Annie is finished packing Finn and Angie's picnic. She hands him the basket.

"Finn, remember to be yourself okay? Don't try to be someone you're not. And if it doesn't go how you expect, don't worry about it. You're going to meet someone great one day, I promise." Annie tells him.

"Okay Mom." he says. "Thanks, I'll be back soon."

"Love you Finn." she says, giving his forehead a kiss.

"Love you too, bye Dad. Thanks for the bathing suite." he tells me.

"Anytime kiddo, have fun." I say.

"I will." he says and walks out the door.

"He's so cute, maybe that's because he reminds me of you." Annie says, facing me.

"Well, I can't disagree with that." I say and we laugh. "Don't worry, even though he'll grow up, and leave the nest someday, I'll always be here."

"I know you will, and I'll make sure he lives right next door." she says and smiles, I'm sure she will have him live next door.

"Do you remember, awhile ago when we danced in this very same spot?" I ask with a smirk.

"Don't make me dance again," she starts but I already got her dancing. We rock back and forth until Maggie's cry interrupts us.

"Can I have a rain check?" I ask.

She smiles, "I guess so."