Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Finn Pov.

I nervously walk to the beach. I'm so worried on how this is going to go. I don't even know what to say. I remember how things went in school earlier today.

"Hey Angie, can I tell you something?" I ask, as I feel my hands get sweaty and goosebumps creep up my arm.

"Sure, you can tell me anything, Finn." she says in her sweet voice that I never get tired of hearing. I bet I sound like my dad right now.

"Angie, for awhile now, I've kinda liked you more than a friend..." I say with an embarrassed smile.

"So, you have a... crush on me?" She asks and she blushes. I remember Dad telling me that he always made Mom blush so maybe this is good.

"Yea..." Is all I can manage to say.

"Really? Out of all the girls here, you like me?" she asks.

"Yea. Why wouldn't I? You're the sweetest, smartest, prettiest girl I know." I tell her.

"Because, the other girls here are, way better than me. They all like you. And I don't think this is happening because Finn, I've liked you too for awhile. But I couldn't even tell you were interested in me besides being my friend." she explains.

"Ann," I've heard Dad call Mom this many times before. "I don't notice the other girls, I only notice you."

She's bright pink, a cute color on her tan skin.

"Would you want to go to the beach after school?" I ask her.

"I'd love to, but I can't, swim." she tells me.

"What?" I ask.

"Yea, I know. Weird when you're growing up in four, it's just, my parents haven't taken the time to teach me." she explains.

"Don't worry, I'll teach you." I offer.

"Really?!" she asks, I nod. "Thanks Finn." she throws her arms around my neck.

She likes me too. But I'm still nervous. Before I know it I'm at the beach, I see Angie sitting on the sand. She turns around and sees me.

"I thought you weren't coming," she says.

"You thought I wouldn't come? You must really doubt that I like you, but you shouldn't. You're all I can think about." she smiles. "Sorry, I took so long. I got us a picnic."

"Oh, wow." she says, staring at the basket and the blanket I'm holding. "How do you know what a girl likes so well?"

"Are you forgetting who my Dad is?" I ask and we laugh.

"Right, Finnick Odair. This might sound weird, but my mom has a HUGE crush on him." She tells me.

I laugh, "No way!"

"Yes way! She's so crazy, I'm always telling her that he's married and I'm friends with his son and how awkward it is when she talks about him. But she's so star struck it's not even funny." she says.

"That's hilarious." I remember my Dad's infamous quote, when I open the basket and find four sugar cubes. There's a note from him. 'Ask her if she wants a sugar cube'. I'm not as smooth as my Dad, so I don't know if I can pull this off, but if it doesn't work, I can make it into a joke. I do have his sense of humor. "Hey Angie," She looks my way. "Want a sugar cube?"

She giggles, "How could I say no? Finnick Odair Junior."

I laugh too and show her the note, "See, my dad is helping me out without even being here."