Chapter 36

Chapter 36

Angie Pov.

Two weeks later...

I'm done. I cannot keep acting like I'm fine with being just friends. Every day at school, he's asked out by a different girl. He hasn't said yes, maybe because of me. Maybe because he doesn't like them. Maybe because he's still hurting from what happened. Today we don't have school I knock on his door and he answers right away.

"Finn, I need to tell you something." I say.

"Um, okay. Do you want to come in?" he asks.

"That's fine," I say.

"So what's going on?" he asks.

"Finn, I can't do this." I tell him.

"Do... what?" he asks.

"Be friends with you. I can't get over you." I explain. "I... Finn I can't keep going around acting like I'm happy when in reality I'm so sad."

"Angie, I can't say I don't feel the same way. It's not easy, just being friends." He says.

"No it's not," I say. "I still love you."

He starts talking again, "Even on that day with Simon and you, I still loved you. I can't force myself to-"

"We shouldn't do this, we are both unhappy." I say.

"Angie, I wanna give it another shot. If you do." he says.

"Are you kidding? I've wanted to get back together since two weeks ago."

I hug him for the first time in a long time.

"I love you Angie."

"I love you Finny."

"I should've believed you Angie. I trust you but I was just so jealous. I thought I lost you which made me upset and mad at you. I was miserable without you. I'll always be in love with you no matter what." He tells me.

"Finn, I honestly had no idea what Simon was gonna do. After I shoved him off me he was being all stupid so I slapped him across the face. I was so mad that he did that. That was my first kiss and I did not want to be with him." I tell him.

"I believe you Angie. I will believe you from now on, the only thing that hurt worse than seeing you with someone else, was not being with you at all."

We talk a little more. Finn trusts me, forgives me, everything is okay. We walk down the stairs together. Maggie is still sleeping in her room, but his parents are sitting together on the couch.

Finnick whispers something to Annie that I don't hear. But Finn and I walk over there.

"We're back together," Finn says.

Finnick and Annie both get excited for us. I'm so much more happier now.