Chapter 35

Chapter 35

Finnick Pov.

I walk upstairs to Annie who is sitting in our bed.

"Did Finn tell you what happened?" she asks.

"No, Angie did. And I can bet he told you a different story." I say.

"I wouldn't doubt it." she says.

She tells me how Finn only saw the kiss, not what happened after when Angie told Simon how wrong that was.

"I don't know who to believe," Annie says.

"I know, I think they need to talk, wether or not they date again doesn't matter, we need to at least make them friends again." I say.

"Alright, I think we should have everyone meet downstairs." Annie says.

Maggie wakes up from her nap so I get her blanket and lay it on the living room floor. I lay her on her stomach and she moves her arms and legs around. She's so cute.

I get Angie who was in her room, and tell her to sit in the living room. She doesn't refuse, she really wants to fix at least her friendship with Finn. Annie waits with her while I get Finn from the library, he's crying over drawings that must have been made by Angie, before he tears them up and throws them away.

"Hey, can you come with me please?" I ask.

He drops his notebook and looks at me. "I don't want to talk to her."

"You have to, it's a family meeting. Either that, or you're grounded." I tell him.

"Grounded is fine with me, Dad, her and I, everything has changed." he says sadly.

"Just come on." he rolls his eyes and follows me.

Finn sits on the left chair, Annie and I sit on the couch, and Angie sits across from Finn. Maggie lays on the floor.

"So, we need to talk, there are two sides to the story here. I want you both to write yours down, and the other will read it. That way there's no yelling." Annie says, handing them each a pen and paper.

I see Finn writing quickly and making jagged letters. Angie writes slow and softly. They pass them to each other.

Finn looks surprised when he reads what Angie wrote, Angie knew what Finn thought so she doesn't look as surprised.

"Finn, do you believe what Angie wrote? Don't tell me, just check one of the boxes." Annie says.

She showed me before passing it to him. He has three options; Yes, no, or unsure.

He checks one and passes it to us.

Unsure.

"Now, whoever has this pen, is allowed to talk." Annie hands Angie the pen.

"Finn, I wanted to start off by saying, that I had no intention of that happening. I was going to tell you that he did that, I swear I would never hurt you. I didn't want my first kiss to be with Simon. I wanted it to be you..." she stares at him but he can't look her in the eye. She tears up and wipes her tears. "I'm sorry, Finn."

She walks up the stairs.

"I had a chance to say something, tell her that I still care about her. But I just let it slip because I want to show her that she hurt me. But, not taking her back hurts even worse." Finn says and walks the other way.

Annie sighs.

"What are we gonna do?" I ask.

She responds by saying, "What we always do, stick together."