Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Finnick Pov.

I wake up, and stare at Annie for a while, today is her birthday, but when you look at her, you can't tell she's aged a bit.

She wakes up. "Happy birthday."

"Thanks," I stare at her awhile. "What are you looking at?" she asks with a small smile, she knows my answer.

"The prettiest girl ever." I say, giving her a kiss.

"I love you." She says.

"I love you too." we stare at each other for a while longer.

A thought crosses my head that I haven't thought of in awhile, the image that's scarred my brain. My Annie dying in the games, sitting in that cave for so long. Not eating, not sleeping, just staring at nothing. She's not like that anymore, she's almost one hundred percent healed. But I still think about it.

"What are you thinking about?" she asks.

"What I always think about," I whisper. "You."

"What about me are you thinking about?" She asks.

"You in the games," I tell her honestly. "How I was always scared of losing you."

"I'm not going anywhere anymore, so you don't have to keep torturing yourself with all those memories. I've done it before, and I try not to anymore. Because we need to move on from them, if we want to feel a little bit better." she says.

"Annie, even in a perfectly normal world, I'd always be afraid of losing you. And not necessarily losing you as in you dying, but losing you other ways too." I explain.

"What, like me leaving you?" she asks. "That would never in a trillion years happen."

"I know," I say giving her another kiss. "I should go take all the kids to school. Can Lilly and Darius go too?"

"They should be able to." she says.

"Okay, I'll be back soon, sugar cube." I love calling her sugar cube.

"Why do you call me sugar cube?" She asks.

"Because, you're as sweet as sugar." I say, giving her a smirk.

"Oh, okay then..." she says with a small smile.

"I'll be back." I tell her.

I grab a pan from the kitchen along with a small spoon. I bang them together and march down the halls where the kids are. They all run out holding their ears but eventually start laughing. Then I realized that I woke up Maggie... Whoops.

"Really, Finnick?" Annie asks.

"Sorry. Just trying to have fun," I shrug my shoulders.

"It's okay, just try to remember that there is a baby in here and you can't make too much noise." she says.

"Okay." I say. "Kids go get ready for school."

"Okay." they all say.

Katniss and Peeta wake up too.

"Finnick, clearly not used to having guests." Peeta jokes.

I laugh, "I was going to take the kids to school."

"Okay," Katniss says. "Do you need-"

"Hey, you are the guests right?" I ask.

The kids tell Annie happy birthday, so do Katniss and Peeta. The kids finish getting ready and Annie makes breakfast. We all eat and we all walk the kids to school. Everyone freaks out when they see Katniss and Peeta. This is the most excitement there's been ever since I came back from the dead.

"Sorry about all the people," Annie says.

"It's not your fault," Katniss says.

"Yea, we're kind of used to it." Peeta says.

We get to the school. Angie and Finn give Annie and I hugs. Lilly and Darius hug Katniss and Peeta. They all walk together. Annie, Maggie, Katniss, Peeta and I walk back home.

"So Angie's going to live with you guys now?" Katniss asks.

"Yea," Annie says. "She's such a sweet girl and I didn't want her to keep getting hurt."

"That's really nice of you guys." Peeta says.

When we get back, I have Katniss take Annie and Maggie to go shopping for her birthday. Peeta and I set up a surprise party for her.

"Thanks for helping out Peeta." I say.

"No problem." He says.

We buy food, so that we don't have to worry about cooking. Peeta insists on making the cake, though. So I let him. After a while everything is ready and we pick the kids up from school. I'm glad Katniss was able to keep her out this long. Nixon, Xavier, and Kim come over too. We all hide and wait for the three to get back.