Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Finnick Pov.

Annie and I still sit side by side on the train. We should be in District Seven in a few hours.

"Annie," I say.

"Yea?"

"You're okay, right? They didn't hurt you or anything?" I ask.

"I'm fine," she looks up at me and gives me a small smile.

To make sure she's telling the truth I look at her to make sure they didn't hurt her, but she's fine.

"Good," I say. "I was really worried about you, so was Finn and Angie."

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have gone into the woods that night, then none of this would have happened." she says.

"It wasn't your fault, they were obviously after you and they probably would've found you one way or another. I just don't know how they knew we were in District Seven and that you were going into the woods that night." I say.

"Yea, me neither. She was probably following me."

"That's the only thing that makes sense." I say.

"Let's not worry about this anymore, the important thing is, is that they're going to jail and you and I are back together. Okay?"

"Okay."

After a few minutes without talking, Annie talks again.

"I missed the kids," she says.

"They missed you too. Angie was really upset, she blamed herself for the whole situation. Finn was really worried."

"Why would Angie blame herself? This wasn't her fault at all."

"I know, so does Finn. She says it's her fault because if she didn't let us protect her then you would've been safe. She blames herself for how her parents treated her and other people."

"I'm gonna talk to Angie when we get back and let her know that it wasn't her fault at all." Annie says.

"I think that would be nice, she might listen if it came from you." I agree.

"What did Peeta say when you asked him to watch all the kids?" Annie asks.

"He was fine with it, he said it would be easier than having to possibly fight. He's not good at running with his fake leg, and he loves kids. I think the choice was easy for him." I tell her.

"Yea, I saw that he was good with kids ever since he came over." Annie agrees.

"When are we going to get a break from all of this madness?" I ask because I seriously wonder when the world is going to leave us alone.

"I don't know, and I'm not afraid, because I have you by my side. And you and I, I feel like we're invinsible." She says sweetly.

I kiss her cheek, and then ask, "How do you always know exactly what to say?"

"I don't know, I just do. With you I don't have to think, the words come naturally." She says.

"I love you so much you have no idea," I start.

"I have a pretty good idea," She says, with a small smirk. "You always end every conversation with 'I love you.'" She pauses before asking, "Why do you end every conversation with 'I love you?'"

"Because, after everything we've been through, it's shown me that I could lose you at anytime. So I try to remind you in case it's the last time you hear it." I say it because it's true. I'm always scared that I might not see Annie or the kids one day. So I end almost every sentence with 'I love you'.