Chapter 48

Chapter 48

Annie Pov.

"How are you my sister?! I don't even know you!"

"Annie, Mom and Dad sent you away, right?" she asks, I nod. "They did the same for me,"

"Where did they send you?" I ask.

"They snuck me on a train that led to the Capitol, and I lived with a family for awhile, I just told them I was an orphan in the Capitol." She explains.

So she got to live in luxury her whole life without having to face the reaping? Must've been nice.

"Did you know Finnick is my husband?" I ask.

"Wait, Finn has a wife?" She asks.

This is not happening. This is not happening. This is not happening.

"He mentioned you before, but I didn't know he got married to you." She says.

"Did you guys, go out?" I ask.

"Um, I honestly don't know what it was. He was really nice, and funny, I don't think they would be considered dates though. He talked about you but I didn't know it was you, my sister. And I didn't know you guys were engaged, or married or anything." She tells me.

"Did you like him?" 

"Of course I did, but I knew he had someone else,"

My eyes swell with tears.

"Annie, why are you here?"

"I just, needed answers,"

"Annie don't do anything stupid, Finn loves you,"

"Don't call him Finn," 

She looks surprised I said that.

"Finnick loves you and we were friends, he told me all the bad things that happened to him in the Capitol,"

"He told you?!" I yell. 

"Why are you so mad?" She asks, confused.

"Because," Now I'm crying. "Finnick didn't even tell me until the night we got married."

"Annie, I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to make this worse." She puts her arms on my shoulders and I take them off. 

"Don't. Alexa if you still like my husband you mine as well go for it because he liked you too."

"He did?" She looks surprised in a happy way, but makes her smile go away. "Annie, I want you to be happy, you're my sister. I've known you since you were born, I left when you were two years old. Even though you don't remember me, I love you, Annie."

"You don't even know me, how could you love me?" 

"I wanna know about you, but I know these conditions make it kind of hard. You probably hate my guts," She frowns.

"I have to hate you though don't I? I mean, my husband likes you," I give her a sad smile to show her I was kidding.

She lets out a small laugh, "Annie I want you and Finnick to work out, okay? I would rather you be happy with him than me, I promise that much."

"Do you love him?" I whisper.

She doesn't look me in the eyes, she just looks down and nods her head. "But he loves you, Annie."

My sister is in love with my husband. 

"Alexa, I'm sorry,"

"Hey, he's yours, don't be sorry. You love him, he loves you. If he liked me it was a silly little crush. And it's probably only because we're a lot a like, I mean, you look just like me."

I do look just like her, her hair is the exact same, her eyes, her smile, her face, she's a little taller, and we're probably the exact same weight.

"Alexa, can I see your birth certificate?" I ask.

She nods and comes back with it. Yup, she's my sister. Her parents are named Annabella and Andrew Cresta, just like mine.

"So, if you're not busy, maybe we could hang out sometime?"

"Uh, okay, I think I should straighten things out with,"

"Yea, I think that's a good idea." She knows what I was gonna say.

"Well, I guess meeting you wasn't as bad as it could've been, right?" I say.

"Right." She agrees.

We say goodbye, and then I get on the train to go back to Seven.

I can't believe Finnick told her his secrets before he even told me. I can't believe she liked him. Would they both be happier if I just stepped out of the picture? And let them be together. My sister is in love with him. How am I supposed to have a relationship with her, and let her be around Finnick?

I get to Seven and tell Johanna everything.

"Why would Alexa, even, I told her! I told her to back off of Finnick and that you loved him and he loved you, I told her! I told her to make sure she didn't do anything stupid or fall for him because he's in love. And when I told her more about you and she realized you were her sister, she disconnected from Finnick."

"Well, thanks for trying to help," I say.

"Annie, you've gotta talk to Finnick,"

"I don't know who to be more mad at my sister who knew I was dating Finnick, or Finnick who kept all of it from me."

"I know, but, it's also your fault for choosing the most wanted man in Panem." This makes me laugh a little.

"Yea, it's a blessing and a curse."

"I think you do need to go back in a few days and talk to him though."

I nod, "I will."