Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Annie Pov.

I wake up when Finnick gives me a kiss. Today is our anniversary, I remember.

"Happy anniversary." We say to each other at the same time. We laugh a little.

"So what are we doing today? Kim told me that she's watching the kids, and that she's pregnant." I say.

"It's a surprise, of course." he says, with a secretive smile.

"You and your surprises." I say, rolling my eyes.

"Oh, come on. I'll take the kids to school, and I'll take Maggie to Kim's while you get ready." He says.

"What should I wear? I don't know where we're going." I ask.

"Something nice, but not too nice." He says.

I tell all the kids goodbye, and be on your best behavior. The usual drill.

I look through my closet and find a long dress that's pretty, but casual. It's white and it has green and blue tye-dye at the bottom. I brush my hair and leave it down, then I put on my dress. I put on some nice sandals and walk downstairs. Finnick walks through the door.

"Don't you look pretty?" he asks. I walk over to him and hug him, he gives me a kiss on my cheek. "I'm going to go get dressed into something a little nicer, otherwise I'll look like a slob standing next to you."

This makes me laugh a little. "Okay."

He comes out a few minutes later in a nice shirt and pants. He grabs my hand and we walk out the door.

We get to the train station. "What are we doing here?" I ask.

"I'm not telling," he says with his smirk.

"You drive me crazy." I mumble.

"I know." he says.

I smile and we get on the train, I tried to see where it was going by reading the sign but he would cover my eyes every time I tried. The train is going fast and in a few minutes we're in District Three. For some reason I think we're going to the Capitol.

"Can you believe twelve years ago we got married?" Finn asks.

"No, it doesn't even seem like a year." I say.

"I wrote you a little something," he says, pulling a piece of paper out of his pocket. "Do you want me to read it to you?" I nod excitedly. "Okay, Annie, the years have gone by so fast. I can't believe that we've been together so long, and that we both survivors through the games and the war. Everyday you make me the happiest person in the world. I love you with every piece of my heart. I want us to have many more anniversaries. You are my best friend, my wife, and my life."

"Aw, that was so cute." I tell him, I give him a kiss. "I love you."

"I love you too." he says.

"So can you please tell me where we are going?" I beg for an answer.

"No, we'll be there soon." he says.

"If I guess the right answer, will you tell me if I'm right?" I ask, he shakes his head no. "You're really annoying sometimes."

"Someone's being bitter," he says with a slight laugh.

"I wouldn't be bitter if you would tell me where on earth we were going! I like to know what's going on." I say.

"Relax, we'll be there soon, sugar cube." He tells me.

"You really know how to annoy me." I say and he laughs a little.