Chapter 58

Chapter 58

Finnick Pov.

"Good morning," I say to Annie.

"Hi Finn,"

"Wanna go to the beach today?" I ask.

"Sure," she says.

Maggie goes to school and walks Alex and Faith. Annie and I get ready for the beach and walk over.

"Annie," I whisper.

"What?" She asks.

"That's Michael," I point to him sitting with another girl.

"We have to tell Maggie when she comes home,"

I nod and start to walk over there.

"Finn," Annie grabs my arm and shakes her head at me. "No."

"Annie, she's my daughter," I gently remove her hand from my arm and she nods her head.

I pick up Michael by the collar of his shirt and hear his other girlfriend screech.

"You think it's okay to date my daughter and this girl at the same time?!" I raise my voice and slam him against a tree.

"Wait, you have another girlfriend?" The other girl asks.

"No, she's not even my girlfriend, we went on one date-"

I slam him again. "How dare you! Why would you even do this? You know I'll hurt you!"

"Can't you just let me be? I thought you'd be happy I'm not dating your daughter anymore. You got her cooped up and all protected and safe so she's boring,"

I drop him and sit on him ready to punch him. "You're jealous because you know my daughter is too good for a worthless piece of trash like yourself. She's smart, and pretty, and has a great sense of humor. Anyone would be lucky to call her his girlfriend and you don't deserve her."

I punch him until he's unconscious and I walk away.

"Honey, I understand that upset you, but what you did to him-"

"Doesn't even justify what he did to Maggie."

Annie stops, knowing I won't back down because I love my daughter too much to allow some worthless good for nothing kid to break her heart like that.

-----------------------------

"Dad!" Maggie's voice booms through the house and I know she's angry.

"Yea," I say.

"Why in the world would you go and punch Michael?! He was with his cousin and you jump to conclusions,"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," I start. "That girl was his other girlfriend. She was even mad when she saw me talking to him-"

"Dad, I get you don't want me to date and you always want to be my one and only special guy, but I'm sixteen years old. I want a family when I grow up, with a husband, and kids. And that can never happen to me if you try to sabotage my relationships with a crazy story about Michael cheating on me. And he is a forgiving person and he's going to still date me even though you hurt him. Which means he has to like me, so I think you need to just stay out of all this."

She walks away, not believing a word I said.

"I'll let her know," Annie says quietly behind me.

--------------------------

Maggie Pov.

I never knew mom and dad could be so shallow. Dad tells me a complete lie and mom backs him up because mom listens to dad for some reason. Why can't she just tell me the truth? Does she want me to be mad at her like I'm mad at dad? I don't get it. If they love me why don't they want me to be happy?

I like Michael, and he likes me. Why can't they realize that? Dad's parents didn't try and sabotage his and Mom's relationship. If anything, they encouraged it.

I don't get why Dad is so selfish that he rather keep me here forever so that he's happy, instead of letting me go one day and letting me be happy.