Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Annie Pov.

Katniss, Maggie and I walk to the beach to meet everyone. We brought some food for everyone so that we can hang out here.

"Hey! There they are!" Peeta says.

I put everything down, Katniss is holding Maggie. I run into the water.

"Hey Sugar Cube." Finnick says.

"Hey." I say. "How are the kids?"

"Good, they're all good." he says.

"Good," I say and smile.

He kisses my cheek and we walk out of the water.

"Annie, Maggie is so cute." Katniss says. "I forgot how fun it is to hold them when they're this small."

"Yea, she's a cutie. Just like her Mom." Finnick says.

The kids are still all splashing in the water.

Katniss and Finnick start a fire so that we can be warm when it gets later. Everyone, including Maggie goes in the water. She actually seems to like it. All the adults take turns holding her. She doesn't seem like she minds Katniss or Peeta when they hold her. Neither of them are all over her which is probably why she likes them.

The kids all have fun, Lilly seems to not be as shy. She seems to like Angie and Finn. Darius is one of those sweet kids that's really shy and independent, so when you offer to help him even though he needs it, he wants to do it himself. Darius looks like Peeta, with his short blonde-gold hair, and just about everything else except for his eyes. That are a sparkly silver-grey color, just like Katniss'. It's weird how when you look at Katniss and Peeta's kids, you can see them both. But when you look at Finn you only see Finnick, and when you look at Maggie you only see me.

We get out of the water and eat food and Katniss even sings a song around the campfire, only because the kids beg her to. The words are soothing, and clearly a lullaby. Darius sits in her lap, Angie and Finn hold hands, Lilly snuggles up next to Peeta. I hold Mags in my lap, and lay against Finnick.

Deep in the meadow,

Under the pillow,

A bed of grass,

A soft green pillow,

Lay down your head,

And close your sleepy eyes,

And when they open again,

The sun will rise,

Here it's safe,

Here it's warm,

Here the daisies guard you from every harm,

Here your dreams are sweet,

And tomorrow brings them true,

Here is the place,

Where I love you...

She looks like she wants to cry after saying the last line. But she doesn't. Because she's used to holding back her tears.

"That was, really nice Katniss." I say.

"Thanks, Annie." she whispers. "It's getting kind of dark, maybe we should head back, if that's okay with you guys."

"Yea, I think that's fine." Finnick agrees.

"Me too, Angie we'll walk you home okay?" I say.

"That's okay, I can walk by myself." she says.