[ Chapter 16 ]

*play song*

Y/n's pov. 

" Stop, staring " Ein looks away with a tint of pink on his cheeks as I lie down facing him.

I look at his eyes for the past few minutes and I've been feeling really weird on the insides, my stomach is clearly having butterflies, my heart racing, beating as fast at it can like I'm about to have a heart attack.

" Why are you doing that? " I asked.

" Do what? " He asked.

" The thing with your eyes, do you do that to everyone? " I asked.

" I don't do anything with my eyes except watch where ever I'm going and watch you " he said.

" It's been 15 minutes since your here, aren't you going to pack some of your stuff?, I mean you are staying here until I get discharged " I said.

" I can't leave you, Cat is getting my stuff for me " he said.

" Isn't that gross? " I asked.

" What is? " He asked.

" I mean, she's gonna touch your underwear isn't she if she's taking your stuff for you, and look around your dresser to get them, there could be something hiding in there that you don't want anyone to find out " I said, his face was slowly having redness going down his face.

He wasn't responding except look at me like that. I sit up.

" Are you okay? " I asked as I reach out to touch his forehead when he grab my wrist before I do.

His hand are rough.

" I'm fine " he said and look away.

" You can let go you know " I said.

He looks back at me and he see that he was gripping me so he let go as I take back my hand.

" How long have you been adopted? " He asked.

" A bit personal don't you think? " I asked.

" S-sorry " he said and look down.

" Hey, is this yours? " He asked as he pick up something.

He sit up and it's dad's bracelet.

" Y-yeah " I was about to grab it when he grabs my hand and put it on.

I feel heat on my cheeks and as I see him putting it on. I bit my bottom lip when he was done.

" Thanks " I said.

" Isn't that a men's bracelet? " He asked.

I look away.

" I think it suits you " he said.

" It was my dad's " I said.

" Xera's? " He asked, I shook my head.

" My biological father " I said.

" Oh, the one you. . . . " He trails off.

I grip the blanket tightly when the door opens and I loosen my grip as I look up. It was Meghan.

Her freshly shaved hair was the first thing I notice. Grace behind her carrying a bag as a tube was connected to the oxygen mask Meghan is wearing.

" Meggy, you should be resting right now " I said.

She walks up to me and climb on the bed with the help of Ein.

" I heard you got hurt " she said, I smile.