[ Chapter 13 ]

*play song*

Y/n's pov.

" I examined his body, it seems like he was tortured and drugged, the autopsy report says his brain has suffered great damage, it was an overdose so he died in the spot this morning " Louise gave me the autopsy report.

I take it and read them, seeing pictures of fresh wounds.

" This isn't the first victim, Gene's the third one who died the same way as the other two, this week " he said, I look up at him as my hand falls down to my side.

He wraps his arms around me, my head against his torso as I stay still.

" It's okay " he said and stroke my hair.

I sigh and we pull apart.

" It's not your fault " I said.

" His body is still inside, I have my assistant to stitch up the wound first and the funeral will be tomorrow " he gesture his hand to the door that is two doors away.

" I don't think I want to see his dead body " I said.

" I'm free later afternoon, you wanna hang out?, You know, brother and sister time? " He asked.

" Sure " I shrugged, he smiles and his dimple appeared on the left.

I poke it.

" You still have it " I said, he chuckles.

" So what? " He ruffles my hair and walk away.

I turn around and head back to Meghan's room. I enter and see my little sister sleeping with the oxygen tube under her nose, I close the door and walk to the chair where Vylad is sitting.

He was wearing that green scarf again around his neck. He was focused on his phone. I put the file in front of him, he looks up.

" The autopsy report " I said.

He takes it and started reading.

" Tortured? " He asked.

" It's what Louise thinks, he even said two other people died like Gene, suffered the same thing " I said.

" Someone is behind this " he said.

" Whoever it is, I think Carter will give us a mission about it " I said.

" We'll see, we don't know yet " he said, I nodded and kind of shivered a little.

I rub my arms since I'm wearing a shirt.

I don't mind for my scars to show, Louise knows about it anyways, even Meghan, but she doesn't seem to care of course, she's a kid.

" Are you cold? " Vylad asked as he stood up.

" Oh, no " I said.

We stand there for an awkward amount of time.

" I need to go " he said and I nodded as he exits the room, I sigh.

Looking at the mirror on the wall, the bruise on my eye has healed, so is the cut but the red line is visible.

~ Time Skip ~

I throw away the empty cup I just finished into the trash. Walking side by side with my brother down the alleyway.

" Thank you " I said.

" Anything for you " he ruffles my hair, I whined.

" That's the third time today " I said and he just chuckles.

" Get used to it " he said.

We were talking random things until three guys approach. We both stop in our tracks and I look up to see Travis and Ein, with Dante's arm around their shoulders.