Chapter 54 - Changes

A/N - hey guys this is the other half of the chapter before so sorry about them being short by themselves. I kind of need to put Noah's darker thoughts and stuff in because it will make what coming further down the track... better. So dont hate me lol

Thank you to Belful_xox to the awesome cover

Noah pov

Cruising excruciatingly slowly behind Av's truck if only for the mere feeling of being close to her, I flick through the radio channels trying to find some inspiration because, with each K we travel my level of confidence drops actually plummets at the rate of knots.

When I threw this whole thing under the title of a 'fight' I felt elated, I could do this... because fighting is something I'm good at. I win fights. I understand fights. I know what it takes to succeed.

But now I realise that even though I'm going to be 'fighting' for Avalon's friendship- at the very least- I have no idea how to actually fight this fight.

Girls aren't my forte in life and Av isn't really the typical girl in the everyday boy wins girl over in Here and Away or whatever the girls watch religiously in the clubhouse every week night.

I literally have no idea what to do, 'sorry' doesn't seem to cut it and frankly, rumbling carefully in front of me carrying her precious cargo is the only stroke of genius that I have ever had. And will probably ever have.

Thumping my hands on the steering wheel I feel like punching something, something that will spit out twenty eight ideas... which is incidentally not my car.

My gut twists when I think of what some other guys have as a resource.

Their Mums. Fathers, brothers... stop it now. Don't go there.

Checking my phone for the sixtieth time this minute I throw it down to the passenger side floor. And then after just two seconds lean desperately over to grab it just in case she texts back. I've checked the volume forty times, checked it's on that many times the battery is starting to deplete.

I have to stop, I have no idea what's happening to me but I will never have a chance with her if I crash into the back of that truck.

Revving the engine, I pull out from behind the horse truck and thunder past them seeing Harry raise his eyebrow at me as I merge in front if him. I search for Av but only see the two oldies watching me with unreadable expressions. I'm sure she got in the cab but knowing her she's probably in the back with the horses.

Having worked on that area I'm not sure I feel happy about that, theres nowhere for her to sit, if something happens she could be hurt.

I wish she was there showing me some sign what the hell to do. Anything. I'll do it. almost anything, some ridiculous part of my brain says in a sneaky voice, what if she said be friends with Seth?

Yeah that would be too much, actually it would set me off in to a catastophic rage that I would ahve no hope of containing.

But in saying that, I doubt Av would ever press herself against the glass begging or giving me a hint though and that's probably one of the reasons I think I love her for.

As the truck shrinks in my rearview mirror I wonder what the pretty boy would do. Even thinking about him puts me in a black mood, it's like, again without even knowing, he's stuffed up my life.

I despise that family.

More than anything

Family. My teeth clench so hard to gether I feel my teeth shudder.