Chapter 15 - Music to boost an excavator too

I checked my watch; I estimate I should get there in about ten minutes. Thank God because I've been walking for over an hour and half. Which would normally be fine... but my stupid mind keeps wandering to how I woke up. I mean, I never sleep alone if I can help it... never. Put it this way the daily question at home is " Amber or Frank up?"

If I say no, then Nathan or Pop will leave their door open because it's 100% that I will end up sprawled out on one of their beds. And always just my little finger will be touching their arm... I think it's my way of making sure that they don't leave me alone. If one had to go they always take me to the other's room.

I know it's weird for a 17 year old girl to be like that...but let's just say my mummy dearest had a huge hand in creating this pathological fear within me... and a huge hand normally leaves a huge mark.

 Because I sleep in the stables a lot, Jordan and Dad made me my own special stable that can fit a big bull, a horse and me in snug as a bug during winter. Jordan hooked up a solar reverse air conditioner thing, so we all keep snug in there but somehow fresh air comes in too. I can't remember the last time I ever slept in my own room.

But that's not the thing that my mind keeps slipping back to... the sharing the bed bit... it's the waking up in someone's arms bit. As I said I normally just touch my finger against my brother's or Pop's back or arm... but Seth had his arm under my head and one draped over my waist with his chest flush against my back.

The worst thing is I felt all snuggly... and I actually entertained the idea of not getting up to hijack this damn excavator. Lucky my brain kicked in remembering Seth's arseholeness.

Finally, the work yard comes in to view and there she sits... the girl that's going to give Seth a lovely morning wake up call.

I plop my backpack down and take out the necessary CSI deterrent gear. When I finish I realise I look so stupid that it would be a felony not to show my brothers.

            CSI deterrent number 1: I pull out Seth's iphone... his password was simple (now that he has one after the whole youtube video thingy)... it's s-u-r-f. Hello? Like I wouldn't figure out that one. I may suck at maths but I do have eyes, dorb.

            "Took your bloody time Avz I've been waiting," Nathan groans irritably.

            "Well if you understood Koori a bit better you would have known when I was going to ring you," I snort disgustedly.

            "Well maybe if you could talk Koori better I would be able to understand you. Now what are you bloody doing? What in God's name are you wearing?" he squints in to the phone. We are facetiming.

            "Go into Angus and Dell's room and I'll tell you," I say sitting down getting the other stuff I need out of the back pack.

            I hear him grumbling the whole way up the hall; I miss the sound of that wooden hallway so much. I know the creak just before Angus's door.

            "Knock, dufus, they might be...doing gross stuff!" I know Nathan, he will just barge right it.

He laughs.

            "One day you'll be doing gross stuff," he retaliates but he doesn't look happy about it.

            "Ew, no I won't," I hiss at him. My traitorous mind thinks how nice it felt to be snuggled in those string arms. Stop it!

            "I know, I won't let you," he chuckles.

I hear him knock.

            "What is it?" my oldest brother's voice yells out alarmed.