Chapter 49 - Sauces

A/N -  okay the more i thought about the story the more I needed to have a good introduction of this character, so I'm going to split this into two parts (so I'm sorry Noah will be the one after the next one I think) becasue this character will become important in a couple of way.. so please not hating on me.. lol

The image is one I did of my little niece riding :) It jsut reminded me of the new character :)

I'm excited as Amber loads up into the truck; I shut the bay and lock the latch on trying not to think of the tiny details that he covered. Everything was fixed from the body of the truck to the latches on each horse bay. It makes my head hurt and me wish I could just load her onto the back of Harry's ute, we do that a lot back home just to get to places quicker that way I wouldn't be reminded of his face again and his ridiculously amazing gift – which, of course, may not be a gift anymore.

Sleep was rather elusive last night, I can't work out why. For someone that can't sleep alone I should have been in sleep heaven having four of us in there. Apparently double beds aren't really big enough to accommodate me, two dogs and a sprawled out snoring horse. I can't help but smile at that, Harry just shrugged as Amber practically forced her way in after Seth left. I guess she's kind of like Nathan, can feel when I need her strength. Harry cracked up in the morning when he found her taking up most of the bed and me and the dogs tangled around her.

With all those in my bed I should have had a great sleep but I don't think I did, I mean I must have slept but it felt like every three minutes I would wake to mull over the events of yesterday. Now that Amber has slept in the bed with me I'm afraid to tell Harry it will be a highly likely a nightly occurrence. Nathan and Pop will freak out if I end up sleeping next to them at home and Amber gets in the bed. Dad will hit the roof, he loves horses but not to that degree.

"What's funny kid?" Harry asks as we take off.

"I was just thinking how big the bed I would have to get if Frank saw Amber in with me, he would get so jealous that he would barge through a brick to get in!" I chuckle. Frank and Amber get in some colossal struggles to get closest to me in the stable. Amber will even try to boot him but he always seems to get the better of her by using his weight. Typical male. Now though she will hop straight on the bed with me, which won't be good because it's a hammock and there's no way it will take her weight. Dad won't be happy ordering a mattress in for the stable; I'll have to ask Nat to get one on the sly.

"I think seeing Frank Colossal should go on my bucket list for sure," Harry winks at me as I slide out of the seat to open the front gate.

"He's something you must see!" I laugh feeling bitter sweet thinking of him. That sums me up at the moment, bitter sweet. Happy to be competing, happy to be with Harry and soon to be Flea but bitter that this crap is still in my mind when I don't want it there anymore. I'd bloody love for Mum to see him again her face would be priceless.

"What else in on your bucket list?" I find myself curious, I don't have one yet.

"I want to fly over the city and drop as many lollies as I can down on everyone,"  Harry smiles as he must think about it.

"What? That is so cool! We are so getting that one done," I laugh thinking of walking down the street to find heaps of Minties falling from the sky. "You should get little pig toys with wings on as well, that would make heaps of people's day!"

Flea is waiting outside of the hostel, dressed just like us. I can see his smile split his face as we drive up. I jump out of the front seat to let him up, introduce Harry and him and slide into the beautiful back seat. Harry and Flea strike up an instant friendship something that I realise both must be missing in their lives, someone their own age with the same interests. I hope Pop comes, I reckon Flea will love to see him again and Harry will love the company. Pop always tells Dad I get my people skills from him, I don't think I've done too well lately, although the hostel folks are pretty cool, I better head back there on Monday after school and practise the dances and give the guitar.