Chapter 55 - Carrots & apples

Noah pov

Seeing Seth today seemed to affect me more than I thought it would, I know I'm still thinking like a ten year child but I can't stop and that's what makes it worse. I'm never going to shake this,ever. TO know something is going to rule your life just makes me angrier and angrier.

I know he's not really at fault but either was I.

In that first circumstance.

It just really pisses me off that he has everything now not a care in the world when it's just the opposite for me.

What if it was the other way and he was in my shoes? would I be different?

Yes for sure.

Anyway I can not mentally get past it no matter how hard I try.

I hate him.

"There's a Muay Thai fight coming up," Tommy interrupts my thoughts as I belt the shit out of the punching bag. " I reckon you might just need a good hit out."

I nod indicating him to put my name down. I do need it.

I will need it after perusing some of the advice given in the girl magazines I bought. I hope to hell Avalon gives me points for doing some of them. Bloody hell.

Tomorrow it all begins. I don't expect it to be easy

Seth pov

"Seth, wake up!"

"Go away," I grumble rolling over hiding my face into pillow.

"Seth, now!" my Mum uses her don't mess with me voice.

"What?"

"We need to have our 'on track chat'", I feel her weight settle on my bed. She won't leave until I listen to her go on and on. The rustle of paper heralds the doom of one those real intense 'chats'. Yay.

"Let's talk education first. Your end of schooling exams are approaching rapidly, how is your study going? Do you need me talk to your teachers?" she says looking at me expectantly.

"What? No mum!" ugh Mum is so annoying. Every two months she requests a personalised report of my grades. If any have fallen I'm not allowed to surf for the two days she employs the services of a tutor. So I don't even get why she asks me that when she knows better than I do

"Seth, I understand you're surfing dream but firstly we had a deal and secondly you need to be smart in handling yourself if you do in fact make it. I won't have someone from our family being a jobless slob!" she sounds disgusted at the thought, she's smiling though which makes it weird.

" I'm doing fine," I sit up reaching over to pull on a shirt. "You've got the report in your hand boofhead."

Bloody hell! Avalon is wearing off on me.

"I'll choose to ignore that. Alright what about surfing." She looks up at me her head tilted on the side, "he beat you in the last competition. How are you combating that?"

Mum hates when Noah beats me her face goes all choked up or something and grim. Actually she's not keen on me losing at all, always saying I need to work harder, to concentrate harder. Winners are hard workers and all that.

She gets really excited when I bring home trophies and shit, there's a whole hallway she's dedicated to displaying them, framing the awards and photos to hang on the wall. Sometimes before a comp I'll stroll down there and remind myself just how good I am and how good I'm going to be.

"I was distracted," I look away thinking of that day. "I'll win next time."

I haven't even heard of Noah surfing much lately.