Chapter 16 - Satan

Dedicated to NickiBellino17 for the beautiful cover

"Seth! Get up now!" My Mum is whisper screaming in my ear.

            "Fricken hell woman, where's the fire?" I yell back at her while I rub one hand over my face and the other over the empty space in my bed.

She's gone.

Avalon is gone.

So that's not the problem.

            "Seth, I've been too lenient on you. I have no idea what you and your friends think you can get up to but this is going to stop, this won't continue in my house!" She leans on my door way, one hand on her hid the other pointing at me. "Get up and go out the front now, I'm not helping you in this. It's your immature problem, I can't believe you would do this to your Father and me... what are the neighbors going to say Seth? What if any interested sponsors are watching you Seth?"

            "I have no idea what the hell you're bloody talking about," I snarl at her as I walk past her in anger.

             I open the front door.

No.

No.

No. No .No.No.No. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I stagger against the cool cement of the houses render as I stare up at my car hanging precariously way up high in the sky by a bloody huge ass yellow excavator.

            "I'm going to kill you, Avalon!" I shout as loud as is humanely possible, storming past the police and spectators gathered on the lawn.

            "Excuse me mate," someone says as I stride over to that little devil's house. To think I thought she was bordering on okay yesterday. I am going to kill her I just know it.

Part of me is berating myself... why? Why did I even say that yesterday, that she couldn't drive one?

Someone places a hand around my arm; I try to shake it loose, ripping at the restraining fingers.

I'm getting so mad now that I can hardly see through the red haze that's blurring my vision. What if there are sponsors watching, who knows what they'll think. Most likely leave him, he's trouble.

            "Hold on mate," I turn angrily to see an older cop holding my arm. "Can you tell me what's going on? Why is the excavator in your yard? Did you have anything to do with it?"

            "Why would I Goddamn take that and hang my own car up like that? In my own driveway? Do you know how much that car is worth? I can't even bloody drive one of those things!" I lash my hand out in the direction of the monstrous piece of machinery.  "She did it...her... in there... tell her to come out and tell you what's happened and tell her to get my f'en car down NOW!" I realise I'm yelling like a lunatic but I'm so furious I can't stop it.

            "Who mate?" a younger cop asks calmly.

            "Avalon!... Satan... whatever the hell you want to call her... in there. She did it, I swear it," I jab my finger at her house.

            "We'll have a chat with her," we walk over to Avalon's house; the older cop hasn't let me go yet.

She has gone way too far this time, now the police are here she's going to pay. Not me... her!

The younger cop knocks.

I realise I'm heaving I'm so fricken' angry. I look back at my car swinging slightly in the wind; if it falls I will literally run her over with it a million times.