Chapter 10 - Plans laid, advice given and questions asked

(Avalon POV)

"Woohoo! What sexy white legs you have Avalon." Wade calls out with a wolf whistle. If I had my stock whip he wouldn't have any lips left to whistle through.

However, he does have a point, my legs are pretty white. My Mother nearly had a coronary when she saw them; I knew she was longing to spray me orange to be a lobster cope of her.

            Frowning at the whole experience of 'shopping' with Mother, she managed to buy me quite a lot of other stuff, I would never wear. She was so picky, I mean I just wanted shorts to play around in...I didn't care if they had Rustybong written on them or whatever. But apparently I had to or I would never survive here. At least the demin jean shorts she bought were ...passable.

            These joggers feel weird too, I always bought the same pair of joggers over and over again...but Mum said that was an insane thing to do. I literally had to bite my tongue not to sweetly tell her she is one to talk. So the end of the story is, I kind of got to pick and Mum was ridiculously happy that I had gone on a shopping trip with her. The true silver lining was that I now knew where the shopping complex was so I could jut ride Amber there whenever I needed something.

Yesterday I saw something that made me think of Seth and Amanda, when my Mum was immersed in talking to a shop assistant I quickly went and bought it. I already planted it this morning... and I'm yet to see the reaction from it.

            Anyway so here I am spending lunch on the oval, with Wade and Jaime and my white legs. I dragged Ruth, Tina and Lucy out here too.

            "I'm looking at you Wade...but there's just nothing even remotely sexy about you. So I'm sorry I can't return the compliment."

Jaime laughs and kicks the ball at me, "Let's play three on three. One of us will go with two girls."

            Lucy looks like she's just realized she's in between a feral mummy pig and her squealers.

            "I'll go on Lucy's team with you Jaime," I walk to her side, "you had better protect me Luce."

I must admit it was fun and we all laughed a lot, by the end of it I could kick the ball kind of in the direction I wanted it to go. Lucy turned out to be quite skilled at soccer... who knew. She obviously didn't because she was more shocked than the reset of us put together, for such a little shy thing she was really aggressive. Awesome.

I walked back into the change rooms to pull my jeans back over my reflective legs and shove another of Seth's tops of my head. I grabbed a whole heap of them the other day. I technically was supposed to be wearing what all the other girls wore...a tunic dress thing. No way sorry.

            I raised my eyebrows at who was in the outer room obviously waiting for me. Amanda. Huh? Is she supposed to be looking intimidating? I'm not sure she looks more like she sat on a bag of oranges and it disappeared up her derriere – I learnt that word from my Mum just yesterday.

            Amanda narrows her eyes, pushes off the wall and stands at the full height. I'm guessing that yep she is trying to be scary. Thing is love, when you have stared into the eyes of saltwater croc or a rampaging bull, one chick doesn't really phase you that much.            

 "If you're tryin' the scare me here's a tip...apply another layer of make up because the amount you've got on... is, I admit, making me feel a bit queasy. That one extra layer could push me to actually being on the brink of being scared...you never know. And hey it's worth a try if that's what you're aiming for." I smile sweetly at her.