Meeting My Mother (Deuce)

"Babe, its going to be ok, she is going to love you, because I love you" I said to Cleo, trying to convince myself as well as her. My mother liked no one aside from me, but she had agreed to play nice for the only manster in her life. 

"Well I am Cleo Denile, of the Egyptian Deniles, I am royalty she will have to love me, I just cant stop thinking about Amina and my father, its simply outrageous, and then Ghoulia just needs me right now darling, Im going through such a stressful time, how long before we get there, we've been walking around this island for ages" I looked at my girlfriend and rolled my eyes behind my glasses. Sure Cleo was a lot to deal with at times, but my heart knew she was for me. 

"Hey Deuce, wait up" We both turned around to see my cousin Viperine approaching us, looking frazzled and irritated.

"Happy to know, I'm not the only one who sssshowed up late" I gave her a confused look, softly rubbing the my snakes to calm them

"Only one, I thought it was just going to be me, Cleo and mom" Viperine looked at Cleo and squealed as she pulled her into a hug, then again as she looked at both of us.

"Are you finally introdussssing her to Aunt Medusssa, Ssssso exssssiting, no wonder sssshe called a family meeting, congratsss Cleo, you get to meet the whole family" My glasses almost fell off as Cleo excused us for a moment, and pulled me behind a tree as Viperine watched with amusement.

"Whole family Deuce, we did not agree to that, one gorgon I can handle, a house full, I just can't, plus I'm Egyptian, Greeks hate Egyptians" I frowned at how scared my love looked, I pulled her close to me and pulled her chin up, so that I could look into her eyes behind the glasses.

"I have dealt with your father and sister, your father trying to marry you off to some Pharaoh, your sisters tricks, your fathers undeserved hatred, my family gets a bad rap baby, but they aren't as terrible as people make them seem" Cleo took a deep breath and reached up to press our lips together.

"You are correct as always Deucy, they can't be that bad when they raised you" I smiled at her before kissing her lips again and approached Viperine again.

"Ok lovebirdsssss, letssss go" We followed Viperine to the cave and I could already hear the Gorgon sisters, which consisted of my mother Medusa, and her sisters Stheno, and Euryale. The hissing was getting bad, and it sounded serious. I pulled out some glasses I  had specially made for Cleo. 

"Put these on, they are mirror images so in case you make eye contact, you don't you know" Cleo quickly put them on as I entered the well-lit cave and cleared my throat. All of the arguing ceased as my Aunts ran over to me and gave me tight hugs, with my cousin going to hug my mother. I quickly gripped Cleo's hand and walked over to her, her smile never leaving me. 

"My baby, my juicy Dewsie, mommy has missed you" She pulled me into her, my hand quickly leaving Cleos as they wrapped around my mother. She pulled away, looked at me again, and pulled me back into a hug.

"You've gotten so big and tall, have you been eating good, taking care of yourself, I heard Smokey turned back" I nodded my head and just gave her a hug. I loved my mother, but I knew it would only be so long before we were fighting again. She wanted me to stay on the Island and protect it, I wanted to explore the world. Hopefully, we could table that discussion until we were alone.

"Mother, this is my ghoulfriend, Cleo Denile" I had never seen Cleo so shy as she reached a hand out to shake. My mother looked at her hand and pulled Cleo into her, giving her a tight hug. A really tight hug, I pulled Cleo back as my mother looked her up and down, avoiding her eyes.

"So you're the reason my baby won't come live on the Island with me" Cleo looked at me confused and I shook my head.

"I am sorry Medusa, I had no idea he was supposed to stay on the island" I could feel my aunts come up behind me as I had to reign in my temper.

"That's because I'm not, I'm finishing out Monster High than I.............." My mother cut me off, causing my forked tongue to hiss out at her.

"Then what Deuce, dont you hiss at me young man, you're supposed to be with family" I took off my glasses and looked at my mother.

"That's not what I want mother, I don't want to spend the rest of my undead life, lurking on a small island and turning people into stone, Aunt Stheno let  Viperine go to Hauntlywood, why cant I be given a choice" My mother walked closer to me and gripped my chin, making me look her in the eyes.

"We have had this conversation, your Aunt is weak, and Viperine does not have our power" Aunt Stheno started calling my mother some not so nice names, and Aunt Euryale got in on it too. I pulled Cleo back towards my old room.

"Deuce what's going on, are you ok" I looked at Cleo and couldn't stop myself from kissing her lips.

"With you here, I'm great love" I stared at the open door of my room and didn't stop until the opening was nothing but stone.

"How about we both work off some stress" Cleo took off the glasses and rolled her eyes at me as I put mine back on.

"Do you think she liked me, I don't think she did" I smiled down at my beautiful ghoul and kissed her neck.

"If I cared about her liking you Cleo, we wouldn't be together, I just wanted her to see who I want to spend the rest of my life with" Cleo smiled and I damn near melted. She was truly everything to me, and while I wanted to wait, I just couldn't anymore.

"Cleo..........marry me"