Sorry (Ghoulia)

I couldn't help but twiddle my thumbs as I sat on the too-hard bed at the clinic. It would either be confirmed or denied on whether I was carrying a baby today. I sighed as I reached for my phone,  thinking of texting Sloman, but decided against it. he said he would be here and I believed him. I'm sure football practice was running a little long. The door finally opened, and my jaw dropped so quickly, I had to push it back into place.

"Ahhhh Ooh Ahh ahhhhhhhh Oh" (Abbey, uh what are you doing here) Abbey smiled at me, almost maliciously, her fangs very prominent and I gulped as she sat in front of me, bringing a table over with her.

"Ah vriend, do not remember, mom traverred to clinic vere, I vulunteer ver her, vue helped ve, rememver, or got pregnancy brain" My eyes bulged, how did........oh my gosh i was going to have a panic attack. She knew, Heath told her.

"Ahhhh ooooh ah ah ah ohhhhhh ah ahhhh oh ohah" (Abbey, please, i am so sorry, I was, i just wanted to party and I got drunk and Heath was drunk) I felt tears as she cut her eyes at me, but processed to take my blood pressure which of course was high.

"Calm vriend, no matta, Heath fuck boi, ve not work anyway, I ice, he vire, sucks vough, if heath vather, you single motha" It felt like she said it to hurt, but it was true. heath was too damn immature, he would never help me, and I would be putting that responsibility all on Slo Mo. My phone rang and I frowned when I saw it was Heath. Why was he calling me?

"Oh" (Hi) I said almost shyly, Abbey glared at me or my phone as I waited for whatever Heath had to say to me.

"Look, Ghoulia we were a one-time thing, you should get rid of the baby, Abbey broke up with me and I just, I love her, I could never be in a relationship with you, could you just tell her nothing happened, I mean, fuck I know I sound like an asshole, and SloMo has been giving me the eye all practice, he fucking tackled the shit out of me. I just..........please don't ruin my life......please" I hung up immediately with tears in my eyes, why did I get drunk? I should have went up and studied, yet I let Frankie talk me into staying, into having one drink, then two, then............

"Ahhh oooh Ahhh ah ahhh ahoh ahah" (Sorry baby, practice went long, I got here as quick as I could) Sloman stopped as he saw me with tears falling from my eyes and Abbey just standing in front of me awkwardly. She had every right to hate me. i was startled when she placed her hand on my shoulder and pulled me into a hug. 

"Ah aha oh Ahh" (I am so sorry Abbey) She shook her head and pulled away, gripping my hand.

"No, I vorry, you good girl, dont deserve assholness" I giggled a little as she gave a light punch to Slomans arm, and he grimaced, cause it probably hurt. 

"Mom, be vere soon" She walked out the door and Sloman came over and sat in front of me.

"ah ohhh oh" (What's wrong babe)

"Ahh ah ah oh ahhh oh ah ah ah oh oooh ahhh argh ohh ahh oh ah ah ooooh aaah" (Heath, he wants me to get rid of the baby, he just, was not kind) He gripped the chairs so tight, that they became indented and frowned.

"AAAAH OOOH AH AH AH AHH OH OH AHHA AHH" (I AM GOING TO KICK HIS FUCKING ASS, HOW FUCKING DARE HE TALK TO YOU LIKE THAT) I frowned that he was getting so upset. He noticed and touched my face gently, kissing me on the forehead. I know he said he would be there for me and the baby, but I had this feeling he was pulling away from me. We were not intimate anymore, so while I prayed at this point, this was Slo's baby, I don't think he had forgiven me for cheating on him.

"Ahhh ah oh" (How are we"

"Ah? aha oooh oh" (Huh, what do you mean)

"Ah ah ah ah ah ah ohhh" (Do you forgive me, whether the baby is yours or not) Sloman stared at me for a moment and sighed, I knew his answer than, even if he did not say it.

"Ah ah ooooh ah ah ah oooh oooh oh oh ahhhhhh oh oooooh" (I haven't thought about it yet Ghoulia, I'm just worried for you and the baby) I nodded my head accepting that answer. I didn't have a choice, I fucked up.

"Aaaah ah ah ah ooooh ah ah ohhhh oh oh " (Have you told your parents yet, fuck my dad is going to kill me) I shook my head no and remembered how his father was.

"Ahh ah" (You don') Slo put his finger against my lips and shook his head.

"Ah aha ah oh ah oh ahhhh ah ah ah " (None of that, it's you, me and our baby for the long haul, I am here Ghoulia" I felt tears fall down my eyes again as he embraced me in a hug. The door opened again and we parted to see Abbey's mom enter. She was very tall and intimidating but had a warm smile. 

"Ah Ghoulia, my daughter talks about you" I hoped good things for one, and two, why did she have a different accent? She must have noticed my confusion and laughed. I had worked at the clinic before but never met her mother.

"Abbey grew up in the old country, I was born and raised further North, I met her father during my travels to Nepal, she was born there but raised in Frigussia, so what seems to be the problem today"

"Ahh ah ah aoh oh ahh" ( I think i am pregnant)

"Oh, sweetheart that's tough,  but you're a strong girl, you have many options, and let no one make those for you, you have to do what's best for you and your baby, but let's be sure, we'll run some tests, get an ultrasound, all the works, and hopefully have you feeling better once you leave" Dr. Bominable touched my should and gave me a another kind smile before leaving to order the tests. We were there for a few hours as they were run, and I got a positive test result. Yeah, I am infected with pregnancy. Sloman held my hand as she got the ultrasound ready. My heart grew when I saw the little zombie growing inside me. I wouldn't know if it was Heaths or Slomans yet, but it was already a little on the big side, so I was hoping Sloman. I was praying to the dead Gods for it because I never wanted to see Heath again.

"Ahh ah ah ooooh ah ah ohh ah ah " (I can't wait to be parents with you, they are so beautiful) I smiled at the tears in his eyes and held his hand tighter. Please let it be his baby, even if we weren't together, my baby couldn't have a more perfect dad.