Change my Last name! (Cleo)

"Marry me" He had asked me this almost a week ago, and I couldn't forget the disappointment on his face when I couldn't answer. Did I want to marry Deuce Gorgon, you bet with everything inside me. I wanted to be Cle De Nile-Gorgon, I wanted little mummy-gorgon babies with eyes like their father and killer style like their mother. So why didn't I say yes? I think it's because overall my bravado, my conceitedness, my egotistical attitude, I knew that I was not fit to carry his name. Deuce was wonderful, he was sweet, charming, giving, loving, helpful, empathetic to each and every person he met. I could be cruel, I was lazy, spoiled, and I was afraid of what my father would say. I shouldn't since he was marrying one of my classmates, but he didn't approve of Deuce, I hated that it mattered so much to me. Even though he tried to hide the hurt, he still loved me in front of his mother, despite her obvious hatred of me. When we arrived back, he told me he needed some alone time. I gave him five days. Maybe it didn't seem like a long time, but since we've been together, we haven't gone thirty minutes without speaking to each other. This was the fifth day. I was in front of his door; after not seeing him at school, I skipped going to the one place I knew he would be. I knocked softly and heard shuffling at the door before locks were removed and Deuce stood in front of me. He didn't have a shirt on, and his joggers hung low on his hips. His snakes hissed at me, something they hadn't done in a long time. I tsked and ran my hand over them softly until they calmed, my boyfriend let me. Staring at me through those lenses.

"Five days Deuce" he nodded and moved away from the door to let me in. He was being oddly calm, I thought he would hate me. Maybe this was him realizing why we wouldn't work, maybe this was the end.

"Deuce, I'm Sorry"

"Cleo, I'm sorry," We said at the same time. I giggled nervously, but walked up to him and kissed him. If this was the last time, I had to taste his lips again. I felt smoke against my back and large head bumped me. Genuinely laughing I turned to give Smokey a kiss as well.

"I shouldn't have asked you like that Cleo, I put you on the spot with that and then acted like a bitch when you said no" I turned back towards Deuce and frowned before walking up to him and gripping his hands.

"Like a bitch, no.....we both know who the bitch is in this relationship, I left you hanging Deuce, I did" He nodded, at me being a bitch, or leaving me hanging, I'm not sure, probably both, even though he would never say.

"Can I ask why?" He asked timidly as if I would say I didn't truly love him, and the last four years had been a joke. I had to swallow my pride and tell him the truth.

"You deserve someone who is as loving and giving, whose soul is so pure and light and beautiful, just like you are, I'm not that person, and it took you asking me that to realize if I said yes, and I wanted to scream yes Deuce, I would subject you to me, I would subject you to a horrible, selfish, spoil.............."

"Shutup" I blinked once and twice as my mouth shut. Deuce had never yelled at me, and I was surprised and not ashamed to admit a little turned on.

"Years, we have been together, years Cleo, I have seen you, every part of you, the good, the bad, the bitchy, the evil, the sweet, the loving parts of you, I have seen all of you, I know you inside and out, and you think I didn't think this through when I asked you to marry me, I know Cleo De Nile, and I love Cleo De Nile, the only thing I want to change about you is your last name" Tears flew down my eyes, I felt the truth in his words, the conviction, he loved me, he truly loved me.

"So, Cleo De Nile, I'm not going to ask again, I mean if you say no I probably will, you know until you s........................" He said getting down on one knee and producing the most beautiful ring I have ever seen. 

"Yes" He looked up at me and I got on my knees in front of him

"Yes" He looked up at me and I got on my knees in front of him. His hand that was holding the ring shook, as I held out mine so he could place the ring on it.

"Ummm, yes?" I giggled, my heart felt as if it could burst at any moment. He used his other hand to remove the ring and placed it on my finger.

"Yes Deuce, change my last name."