Ol' Finny boy (Lagoona)

I raced Gill around the Olympic-sized swimming pool in my backyard. Ever since the incident with Lorna, he has been super attentive to me. It sometimes made me feel like it was because he felt guilty for kissing Lorna. I know he says it was just a hug, but he had her lipstick on his cheek. Lorna had been making herself busy with her internship so she was rarely here. I still don't know why the hell I suggested for her to stay with me. I was going to let it go for now, but any more funny stuff and there was going to be trouble. 

Lost in my thoughts, Gill snuck behind me and picked me up, making me squeal. We fell into the pool, which thanks to Casta, was able to sustain both my saltwater and his freshwater sensibilities. We fell apart but immediately swam back to each other. Gil's arms wrapped around my waist and he kissed me as if it was the last time we would see each other again. I pulled away and smiled at him. I really loved him and I don't think I would ever find another love like this. We got out of the pool and headed into my house to order dinner. Of course, Lorna decides to come in at that moment. The atmosphere went from loving to awkward in seconds. 

"I'll be levin in a bit Lassie, dis internship has me all wired to the moon, grabbin some papers and I'll be off" I sighed, maybe I was doing too much here. Gil hadn't even looked at her and I literally can't stand awkwardness.

"Slow down mate, me and Gilly here were about to dine in, join us" She might have heard it as a question, but I knew she felt the demand as well as she shyly nodded her head.  Gil gave me a confused look as I looked at the take out menus. 

"I'm tellin ya mate, Grisly Gelda's has got the best sushi" I ignore his disapproving look as the doorbell rang. I definitely wasn't expecting company. I opened the door and was surprised to see a merman? I was sure of it but he didn't have his tail. He was dressed really fancy, his muscles bursting out of his suit. I could tell he was saltwater like me as well. 

"Hi, I.......I'm Finn, I was told by, ummm Lorna's parent's she would be here, I don't mean to intrude" I narrowed my eyes and let him in, why was he so fidgety. I thought Lorna had been dating Finnegan, maybe she had a thing for guys with fish names. Gil looked up and gave ol' Finny boy a mean look.

"The hell are you doing here Fin" Fin rolled his eyes at Gil and I went on DoomDash to order us some food. I wanted to be nosy, plus this was way easier. 

"I just, I wanted to see Lorna, I made a mistake and..."

"Fin" Lorna came out of the room with a white tee and torn knee shorts, her super curly hair ina  messy bun at the top of her head. Gil looked from her to Fin and sighed. Or maybe she just liked guys with nicknames that had three words in them. 

"What....what are you doing here, you broke up with me over the phone years ago, ain head from you since, then you show up out of da blue, hein ya know I was her" H walked over to her, holding out his hand for hers.

"Lorna I made the biggest mistake, i was shy and I thought my parents knew it all, if only you knew how much I have been pining over you, Finnegan told me you were over and I wanted" Gil walked over and got in front of Lorna.

"She isn't interested Fin, I was really rooting for you and then you just break her heart"

"Gil, move, I got this" He turned towards Lorna, she reopened her door and pointed inside, Fin with his head down walked in and the door was slammed soon after.

"Do ye think I should be ordering them some as well" Gil gave me a glare as he went into my room and slammed the door. Fine then, more for me.