Meeting Your Mother (Cleo)

"Deucey, please, daddy wants to try and get along with you, but he's not going to let you come in dressed like that" Even behind his glasses I knew Deuce was glaring at me. I bit my bottom lip and twiddled my hands together in nervousness.

"The days of me giving a damn about what you father thinks about me is over Cleo, I love you, you know that, and you're the only person that needs to know it, I'm done trying to gain his acceptance" I frowned but nodded my head.

"Can you at least attempt a conversation that doesn't have the word bro or dude in it" I asked as I pulled him by his shirt to place a kiss on his soft lips.

"On one condition, you come to Greece with me to meet my mother" My mouth dropped open and my eyes went wide. My father was a Pharaoh, a king, and he could be scary, but Deuces mother was Medusa, he was her pride and joy, her everything, and I knew she would not like me. I knew meeting his mother could be the end of us.

"Deucey, I..........don't think that's a good idea" His body tensed and he shook his head at me, making those snakes move wildly and hiss.

"So I have to continuously be ridiculed, tricked and being made an ass out of  by your father, but you can't meet my mother" I pouted as I rubbed my arm up and down. My father and sister had been incredibly harsh to Deuce and he always took it because he loved me. I was working on not being so selfish, and I wanted to marry Deuce, if his mother didn't like me, I would just have to change her mind.

"You're right, I would love to meet your mother" Deuces jaw dropped and then he smiled that smile that made me fall in love with him all those years ago. He kissed me passionately and I felt my stomach flutter.

"You're the best ghoul a manster could ask for babe, we won't be there long, so don't overpack" I smiled as he began his sentence, but frowned at the last.

"I do not overpack, everything I have is essential," I said frowning at him, as I thought of the new line by Madame Laverie that would make me look perfect on the trip.

"Two bags Cleo, it's just a weekend" I pouted my lips again, but smiled as he kissed them. 

"I'll wear the stupid tie" I giggled and clapped my hands as I went in the bag to put it on, but thought better of it. Deuce was right my father had to accept him for who he was if I wanted Deuces mother to accept me.

"No, I love you for being Deuce, I'm not changing that for anybody" Deuce gave me another kiss, and moved down to my neck, smirking against it.

"Want to fool around before dinner" I pulled him into my walk-in closet where we proceeded to let off a little stress. I heard a soft knock at my door and smiled as my handmaiden bowed her head before addressing me.

"Your Highness, Pharaoh wants you and your guest down for dinner" I smiled at her as I fixed my dress.

"Thank you, Shera, we will come down shortly" She nodded her head as I helped Deuce fix his shirt.

"I ever tell you how much I love you" I smiled and kissed him again. I seriously could never tire of kissing this man.

"Not nearly enough Deucey" He slapped my butt making me giggle as we headed downstairs. 

"I really hope you have that bread, Eash Baldi" I chuckled at his mispronunciation and held his hand in mine. My boyfriend was so great.

"Its Aesh Baladia, Deuce" he shrugged his shoulders, and I took the time to check my boyfriend out. He had gained some serious muscle since we first met. I mean he was always so sexy and muscular, but he had been hitting the gym, especially since Smokey, his pet dragon, was no longer encased in stone. 

"Darling daughter, please sit, Deuce" Deuce gave my father a strained smiled as he sat next to me. After we prayed to the Gods and Goddess, Deuce quiet beside me, my father stood up.

"Daughter as you know it has been a long time since your mother departed, and I wanted to use this dinner to introduce you to my new Queen" My mouth dropped, Queen, no, father had never even brought up dating someone.

"You may know her, she is quite a bit younger than I am, but she has made me very happy, and since I have allowed this thing you have with the Greek to continue, I hope you find it in your heart to be happy for me" I felt my stomach drop, and lost my appetite as my father called out......

"Amanita, my love, please come out" I could not describe the anger coursing through my bones at this moment. How could he, she was my school mate!

"Father you can not be serious"

"Oh My Ra, Cleo, Hiiiii, is that Deucey...........................mmmm cute purse, should let me borrow it...........................Phay-phay, buy me one" My father cooed at her and kissed her cheek.

"This is outrageous, I demand you stop this instantly" Amanita smiled at me and walked towards me gripping my cheeks.

"I'm gonna be yer stepmommmmy, aren't you so happpppy" I looked down at Deuce to see him eating his bread and ignoring the conversation.

"Deuce, we're leaving" 

"Babe"

"Take the damn bread and let's go, Amanita, this is not over" I walked out of the dining area feeling like I was going to explode. I can not believe this!!!

"Babe, calm down, it's okay"

"He's dating her, out of all the ghouls my age, her, I'm staying at Draculaura's tonight, she's the only one with a suitable room for me"

"Or, you can come home with me, we leave soon for Greece anyway, plus, I can relieve some of that stress" Deuce wrapped his arms around my waist, making me bit my lip.

"Okay"