53 ~ The War to End All Wars (part 2)

"Long time no see sis." What did he just call me? I froze. My mind raced from one conclusion to another. I couldn't even bring myself to turn around. "Zara don't act so shy. We are family after all."

Family. A foreign word, to me at least. "I don't have a family."

"On the contrary." He walked around from behind me. His face was so familiar, the brown hair, the 2 prominent dimples. His tall frame and broad shoulders. It couldn't be.

Suddenly, I wasn't on the battle field anymore, I was back at my childhood home. Everything was so clear. "You have me."

"Jason." The name brought tears to my eyes, I hadn't said it in so long. It felt so normal to say it but also so, so wrong. Something felt wrong. Something felt out of place. But what? "B-but why are you here? How are you alive? Where have you been all this time?"

"Slow down sister dearest, one question at a time. Come let's go to the tree." The tree. The tree with the swing and the field surrounding it! How I loved to spend hours out there with my brother. "Wait no stop! I'm supposed to be doing something right now." What was it?

"And what might that be?"

"I'm... I'm not sure. I can't remember! Why can't I remember?" He looked me in the eyes, his hazel eyes staring into my soul.

"Well it can't be that important if you've forgotten already, can it? Now come on mum and dad are waiting by the tree for us."

"Yes, yes mum and dad are waiting at the tree. Just like always." I love that tree so much.

We carried on walking through the long grass. It seemed that each step the grass was getting taller and taller but it's always like that.

"Zara look there they are." Sitting under the huge oak tree were my parents. The shadow of the tree hide there faces but I knew it was them. It just was. They stood up and beckoned me and Jason over.

"Zara! Zara! Zara- LOOK!" What? I turned around and Jason was suddenly pounding towards me in wolf form, except this time I wasn't at the tree. I was at the war. The war! "Zara look out! What are you doing?" A voice was calling me from the right, in my dazed state I glanced over.

"Dean?"

"Aw sister, looks like playtime is over. You don't think you're the only one who spent sometime with the hunters do you?" That's impossible. He was now stood right in front of me. Our eyes connecting strengthening the mind link.

"But how?" Having him this close to me made me realise that he smelt of rogues. "You're one of them, aren't you?"

"One of who my dear?" Only now could I hear the sinister tone in his voice. How could I be so blind? I haven't seen my brother since the attack years ago, he would've looked for me. That is unless the hunters got to him first. My head spun as the dots connected and the plot to my life became even more sinister.

"What did they do to you? Huh? Did they make you a monster to?" Rage seeped out of my words.

"Zara we aren't monsters. We are the improvements of werewolves. The very embodiment of power."

"No! Don't tell me otherwise Jason! If that were true then why does it feel as though you are trying to defeat me? Explain that brother." I spat the word like venom.

"Enough! I'm done talking. It's obvious you won't join our cause. I'm sorry sister but it looks like this is goodbye." How could he? My own flesh and blood.

"I won't go down without a fight."

"Oh, I was hoping you said that." This man, this rogue, he wasn't my brother. The Jason I knew died with my parents.