37 ~ The Phone Call: Part 2

~ Kaelynn POV
6 hours later.

My eyes were tightly closed shut and I all I could hear was the cool breeze and the call of an owl in a near by tree. Slowly and steadily I propped up and peeled open my eyes to take in my surroundings.

I wasn't surprised when I saw the all too familiar view of the forest. However, this time it was dark outside, but the forest still managed to look mystical. Reaching around for my phone, I checked it for the time and saw that it was 4am. Shit! Last night I must have fallen asleep planning last night. I knew I needed to go to Norvill and it would take me about an hour and a half from here, unlike my aunts which would take me 3hours as it so close to the borders. Sigh.

The door to the house creaked open, and an old, fragile lady that I love appeared.

"Hello deary, you're awake early." There was always a glow in her face and as per usual she was smiling. It was that calming smile that filled you with reassurance.

"Morning, grandma, I just woke up." She sat down next to me and looked me in the eye.

"What's got you so down?" I knew I could tell her, she was like a friend to me.

"I lost a friend grandma, and now I need to go to her funeral which is in Norvill but I don't know if I can be strong enough." She looked at me in pity.

"Aw sweetheart of course you can. Now this friend, she doesn't happen to be the Alphas mate does she?" I looked at her bewildered.

"How did you know?"

"A grandma always knows. Not to mention the fact that everyone in the pack can feel his grief, no matter how hard he tries to hide it." She looked at me and paused. " You know what you have to do, don't you?"

"What do you mean?"

"Kaelynn, it's his mates funeral, it doesn't matter what happened between them he has to go to properly grieve her." I sat there staring once again into the forest. I suppose it's the right thing to do.

Kaelynn you have to he's the alpha!

Look who's finally awake. I giggled.

"I will do it." She looked at me proudly and then hopped of the seat, even though she was 70 years old she still held the sprightliness of a 30 year old.

"Ok, now I will pack your bags, and I want you to march down to the alphas house and bring him back here. I don't care what he says drag him if need be, he will regret this for the rest of his life if he doesn't go." I nodded my head.

"But how do you know that he will be there?" Her face grew solemn.

"Trust me he will be there, I didn't leave this very house for weeks when your grandfather died. It's a very hard thing to deal with." I gave her a little hug in remembrance of of grandad he also had such a sprightly spirit to him. They were perfect for each other. "Come on now no more dilly-dallying around we have work to do." And with that we both went separate ways. Me with a brisk run, once again in wolf form to the alphas house, and hers to pack my bag.

One I reached the familiar door, I hesitated to walk forward, but I knew it had to be done. I'd never been in this house at dark, yet it is still as beautiful and as captivating even if you can't see all of it. I went into the already open door and up the stairs to his room, where this time I was met with a close door. I sat scratching the door trying desperately trying to get Dean's attention.

"What!" A frail man opened the door viciously. "Kaelynn? What do you want!" He had an angry tone and puffy eyes. Dean didn't look like the man he was. As I couldn't speak I bit his shirt gently and pulled him towards the stairs. "I'm not going anywhere!" Why is he so stubborn! Guess I was gonna have to do this the embarrassing way.

Slowly I shifted out of my wolf form, there was the sound of multiple bone clicks and cracking, before I emerged. "Listen Mr! She's dead! Ok? She's gone and there's nothing we can do! So pull yourself together, because we are going to her funeral!" He looked taken aback by my appearance and most likely the tone I gave him but he deserved it. "Now if your coming meet me at the border 5am! If you aren't there by that time I will leave without you." And with that I shifted and ran back to my grandmas.

__________________________

I'm so so so so so soooooooooo sorry guys! I didn't realise my exams were all this week and completely forgot to update! I will try and get the next chapter out ASAP!
~Mia❤️
Tuesday 1st May 2018