19 ~ The Going Away Present

~Zara's POV

My hair swayed behind me as the wind pulsed through the blonde curls. I was finally back to my old roots. I was leaving behind this old town on to a new journey.

Before I left I packed a bag with some food and a few pairs of clothes I found laying around. I was in such a rush, I didn't even say any goodbyes not that I would've need to. The only person I would miss would be Kaelynn. She was the closest thing I had to a friend in so long besides Zoë of course.

My Harley raced down the road and the edge of the border was now visible, but something else was there. A person? The figure looked familiar and as I got closer and closer I realised something. There she was, her stubbornness visible from a mile away. She was tapping her foot expectingly and as I was heading towards her I started to slow down.

"Kaelynn?" My bike was at full stop now so I hopped of and shuffled forwards, bewildered. "What are you doing here."

"A little birdie told me you were leaving without saying goodbye. Is this true?" I looked down ashamed. I wanted to say goodbye but I knew it would only slow me down.

"I-I'm sorry." Kealynn sighed as if she knew what I was going to say.

"I know you are, look I don't know why your leaving but I know it would only be for a good reason. So I will support you through this, besides I know there isn't anyway to change your mind." She pauses to search through her bag, that hung down her shoulder stopping at her waist. "Here" in her hand there was a white box.

"What's this?" I took the box examining the outside thoroughly.

"It's a phone. Consider it a going away present. I haven't known you that long but in the time I have you've seemed like a very strong person. So, I got you this, so we can stay in touch! And don't worry about the bills because it's linked to my contract. However, it doesn't have 4G as it's not set up on the contract, and it's an old model. I took the privilege of adding my number!" I was speechless. How did she do this?

"But, how? I didn't leave that long ago."

"Well, I was already near the edge of town and my aunts house was right near here. I keep that phone at my aunts as an emergency in case she takes away my phone."

"Kaelynn! Thank you! Thank you so much! In my life I have never had such a great friend."

"Honestly, it was nothing! But I want you to text me everyday and don't you dare go running up the bills! Now on your way before I change my mind or big bad wolf Dean comes and gets you!" Sadly I doubt that will happen.

I embraced Kaelynn in one last long hug before leaving. If one thing was for sure it was that I was going to miss her.

________________________

Hey guys! Sorry this is a short chapter I just wanted to post something as I haven't posted in so long!
~Mia❤️
Saturday 9th December