24 ~ Crazy Jane

~ Zara's POV

The hospital room I have been in for the past couple of hours was desolate. It was like being 14 again, I was so alone.

~Flash Back to when Zara was 14

Ok, Zara it's fine we went camping when we were younger with mum and dad remember? We can do this. Of course we were only 5 and who can-

Would you shut up already! It's hard enough trying to figure out where we are going to sleep tonight with out you blabbering on!

Sorry Mrs Cranky pants! Urg! I hate her aggravating voice mimicking me!

Hey! I heard that.

Shhh!

Oh shut up!

No seriously I heard something!

We are in the woods there's bound to be some squirrels somewhere, stop getting your knickers in a twist.

Whatever Zoë.
Suddenly a strong gust of wind took me by surprise, sending me on to my knees.

"Shit!" Due to the tacky leggings I was wearing the gravel, mud and branches clawed against my knees leaving lovely scrapes along my legs. Great. Just great.

The exhaustion from not eating and constantly moving left me in a vulnerable state and I didn't like it.

Zoë are you sure that I can't just shift, we'd move a lot faster.

Yes, it's too dangerous! We don't want to chance being stuck in wolf form, it's just too risky. I flipped over and pulled myself to a near tree and rested my back against it.

What are we going to do Zoë we can't live like this!

I don't know Zara, I honestly don't know.

~End of Flashback

Bang.

I was jolted from my thoughts to someone open the door in a rather eager motion, almost too eager if you ask me.

I turned my head to the door, there stood an average height girl, her complexion was astonishing. She had clear pale skin, long black hair and mesmerising emerald eyes. To say I was shocked was an understatement.

"Hi I'm Jane, you must be Zara. I've heard a lot about you." She seemed nice but at the same time stubborn due to her very confident and formal response.

"Um hi." I felt really awkward.

"So... how'd you get here?"

"My bike."

"What you got all the way out here on a bloody bike! No wonder you passed out."

"What... Wait what no! A motorbike! Also I did pass out but not from exhaustion it was thanks to your friend/Beta." Jane seemed to get slightly uncomfortable and shifted in her seat.

"He's not my friend, he's just the beta."

"...ok. This is really awkward, you can leave if you want to. I'm fine with being alone."

"Nope. Sorry but you stuck with me alpha's orders." I let out a dramatic sigh, my hopes for quiet now completely obliterated. "So what do you want to do? The doctor said you can leave in like an hour but that was about 15 minutes ago, sooooooooooo I was thinking wecouldmaybedosomewheelchairraces?" She said the last part out so fast I was surprised I could understand any of it.

"Hmmm wheelchair racing... sounds fun" Jane jumped up and down in joy and practically dragged me out of the room. "Slow down you do realise that I was not to long ago unconscious?"

"Yeah but your a werewolf so you heal quicker." Judging from her stubbornness she didn't know that I had less than 4 months to live, but I shook that from my memory if I have 4 months to live I might as well have some fun right? "Alright so here's the rules, listen up! 1) You aren't allowed to put you feet on the floor or get out of the wheelchair. 2) You can't bump into the other players. 3) Have fun and the first person the ground floor wins!" I stared at the wheelchairs slightly confused.

"Wait! That's not fair I don't know my way around!" She looked at me like I was dumb and snickered.

"This is a hospital silly just follow the signs!" Right... I guess I could do that... "Ok choose your vehicle." I looked at the wheelchairs in front of me and chose the closest one as I'm lazy and they're all the same! Once we had both chosen one which Jane dramatised (a lot) we set them up parallel on an empty corridor. "On your marks, get set, GO!" And like that we were off.

I didn't realise how much of a bad idea this was until now. As we were zooming down the corridor I began to notice that there were a lot of... obstacles (e.g people, hospital beds, and not to mention people). However, I never give in so I dodged everything as best as I could.

When we were down to the second level I realised that I was in front of Jane and I turned my head to see how far off she was, big mistake! One of the wheels caught the corner of a wall sending me flying.

Thankfully I landed on something squishy, but as I lifted my head to see what, I wish I never did. This thing was a person and this person was no other than... Zack aka the alpha.

____________________________

Oops!!😬 that's got to be awkward.
So some of you might have noticed that I've published this twice and that's because I accidentally published it while typing it up.😂😂 Also I've added a few details to the last chapter that I realised I hadn't put in so if you've read it before today you might just want to reread it (sorry😬).
That's all for now so see you next chapter!👏
~Mia❤️
Sunday 31st December 2017