48 ~ The First Battle

~ Zack's POV

Growls could be heard from left, right and centre, followed by howls from the wolves in my pack.

Gather the army send 40 men to round up the rest of the pack and keep them safe. The remaining 400 need to stand at front and wait for my orders to attack. I mind linked my beta.

Yes alpha.

"Zara stay with me I will take you to the rest of the pack."

"But Dean I want to help."

"You can't, you haven't been training... please Zara we don't have time for this."

"Okay." She followed me towards the giant safe house that's locked away with iron doors.

The 40 men were already there and what looked to be all the pack. "Zara on the wall there is a list of all the pack members that need to be in here, can you go through them all and make sure that everyone is here."

"Yes now go the army need you." She was right. "Good luck."

"Thanks." And with that I closed the door and Zara locked it from the inside.

"Now where are you?" I said to myself. I shifted into wolf and sprinted towards where my army was.

When I was there I saw my beta in front of the lines of soldiers. "Good job, where are they all." His face showed no expression.

"There." He pointed in front at the horizon and sure enough there they were marching towards us.

"We can't have a war this close to the pack house."

"Agreed."

"Men on my word we march towards them stay in your formation." We waited for a couple of minutes, I needed them to be far away but closer so that we fight on the flat land rather than a hill. "Now."

In formation we marched forwards. The front row was me and the beta in our human form, the second to the tenth were lines of wolves and the last rows were all soldiers who aren't shifted, they are all equally good in wolf and human form so they are some of my best fighters.

In no time at all we had reached a halt and were no more than 40ft from the rogues.

"What is it you want?" I spoke with a booming voice.

"All of were kind to kneel before us!" He sneered.

"Well to bad! No one is kneeling before you rogue!"

"Wrong answer Alpha." He walked away through the crowd of rogues and a few seconds there was a loud howl signifying the beginning.

Rogues flew everywhere, my pack members held strong but there were so many of them.

~ Zara's POV

"Aidan?"

"Here." Tick.

"Sarah?"

"Here." Tick.

"Bella?" I sighed. I've been doing this since Dean left and I've only just got half the way through.

"Here." Tick.

"Helen?"

"Here." Tick.

...

Finally I was down to the last 5 names.

"Jessica?"