9 ~ Beloved mate

Zara' POV

"Um... Hello there, i'm Kaelynn." Who is she? Wait where am I? Ahhh!!! My head!! Worst headache ever!

I was so focused on my headache I didn't even listen to the girl in front of me, then the door burst open and in came someone I've longed for, for a really long time. We just stared at each other for what felt like forever, I was captivated.

"Hello? Are you two done eye raping each other yet? I was saying something important! I swear to Goddess no one listens to me. Anyway as i was saying me and Zara are going shopping as soon as she is out of this hospital." I grown at the idea, of leaving with an absolute stranger to do 'shopping' but then Dean thankfully stepped in.

"No she's not."

"But whyyyyyyyy? You only have one cousin the same age as you. However, that meant you'd have a mate around the same age as me, I've planned this for ages so pleeeaasseeee! My whole life I've waited for this, well this and my own mate, but anyway please!!!!!"

"Do you not hear yourself? Zara has been missing for 2 years! She's been through Goddess knows what and the first thing you want to do is take her shopping?!?"

"2 years... has it really been that long." I replied meekly. Surely not I didn't go through hell and miss 2 years of my life! I mean it wasn't a great one but it was better than what I had escaped from. I tear up from the memories, Dean seemed to notice and was by my side immediately.

"See what you've done now Kaelynn?!? Just go I'm sure when Zara is ready she would be more than happy to go shopping with you." No I wouldn't! Then I thought about it I didn't want Kaelynn to go even though I've only known her a few minutes I can already feel a sense of safety between us, as well as that I have only seen a handful of people in such a long time. I felt like being alone would make me feel worse.

"No! Wait! Can she stay? Please?" My voice was quiet, the only time I would ever talk or make a sound and even then it was either cursing at the hunters or screams of pain I shudder at at another memory but shake it off not wanting anyone to notice. Dean stared at Kaelynn then at me with sad eyes which to me resembled a little puppy. I knew he had just mind linked Kaelynn but I didn't know about what.

"Okay Zara I'm going to have a shower I will be with you as soon as possible. During this time you will have Kaelynn to keep you company okay?" I nodded. "Also make sure that the pack doctor checks on her Kaelynn, and if a single hair on head is hurt there will be hell to pay, do you understand?!" Kaelynn gulped at the same time as nodding, Dean had used his alpha tone, another thing that now will not work on me.

Dean left the room and I couldn't help feel like part of me was lost. I pushed it to that back of my head. "So how old are you?" The very spritely girl asked.

"I-I don't know, I-I can't remember." How is that even possible? I guess being down there so long really messes with your head. Kaelynn looked really bewildered and continued to ask questions.

"Do you remember the date you were born or even just the year?"

"Well I know I was around 16 when I was taken, and you both said that I had been gone two years. So that would make me like 18?"

"What date though?!?" I never knew my birthday and it's not like I would celebrate it anyway it would just be another reminder of the past.

"I don't know, I never actually have."

"How can you not know? I mean how would you have birthday parties and presents and everything else that comes with your birthday! There has to be someone who knows!" This made me snap.

"No there isn't and the only people who would have known is dead. And in reply to your so called birthday celebration I didn't have that and I most certainly never wanted it or needed it." Tears pricked my eyes but I refuse to let even a single one fall. Kaelynn seemed lost for words and her eyes held and emotion that I absolutely hated. Pity.

"I'm so sorry I didn't know."

"No one does and I prefer it that way. I'm sorry if I snapped at you but you just need to understand that everyone's different. Now please can we not talk about this?"

Kaelynn seemed to get the point and changed the subject. We talked about nearly everything from Dean to clothing. She's actually a really nice girl once you get past her crazy personality she's actually really sensitive and sweet. I guess in a way she's the closest thing I've had to a friend since my last foster home, but I don't want to think about the past, too many bad memories.

~Dean's POV
6 hours later

Finally I've, washed and accidentally had the shortest sleep ever. Now I'm kinda rejuvenated I can go and see my mate. I think after such a long time apart it's going to be hard to separate again, wow I'm so whipped and I haven't even marked her yet.

I raced down to the pack doctors. When I got there what I saw warmed my heart my mate was fast asleep huddled up with Kaelynn who was also asleep. It was adorable, so I took a photo then I heard a growl. "Put, the phone, down!"

"Aw but Kaelynn you both looked so cute!"

"I don't care!" This loud noice caused Zara to growl and turn over to face the wall.

"Shhhhhh you will wake Zara."

"Whatever, I'm gonna go back to unpack, see you later." I nodded not wanting to make anymore noise. I then very quietly got onto the bed and snuggled up to my adorable mate.

________________________

Aw how cute is that!😍 Hope u guys enjoyed. Until next time!👋
~Mia ❤️
Sunday 29th October 2017