38 ~ The funeral

~Kaelynn's POV

It was 4:57am. 3 more minutes and I would leave. 3 more minutes would determine if I would go it alone. 3 more minutes would say whether I can go to this funeral with pride or with pity.

I was leaning on the side of my silver Vauxhall Astra, it wasn't an amazing car but I didn't need it to be. My pink suitcase was thrown on the floor in the back seat, I was ready to go, but the question was, was he?

The bitter air nipped at my hands, making me burry them in my jumper pockets to stop them freezing. Standing here was not fun, but I had to do it.

Slowly, I removed my hands from my pocket and pulled my phone out of my backpack. I looked down at the screen and saw the number 4:59am. Where is he?!?!

And all of a sudden out of nowhere appeared a giant black wolf with a navy blue backpack in it's fierce canines. For a second I was scared until my eyes warmed up to the figure in front of me. It was Dean.

"Go behind that tree, you can't get in this car like that." I snickered.

A few minutes later Dean emerged from behind the tree. "What took you so long?" I complained whilst walking into the car as he did the same.

"I was deciding." I didn't respond to this, I knew that he wouldn't want me to pry at his every word.

We sat in silence for what felt like an eternity but was most likely a few minutes.

"Aren't you going to drive?" His deep voice made me jump and clench the steering wheel.

"What? Oh, um... yes sorry." I laughed at my own embarrassment, before putting my foot down and driving forwards. To Norvill. To Zara.

"You know, for what it's worth I'm glad you came." I broke the awkward silence.

"Oh yeah? And why's that?" He grumbled.

"I think by doing this your mind can rest a little knowing she's not suffering." He didn't reply, and just looked at me with no emotion.

"Whatever."

"Look this is going to be a long car journey, around 3 hours to be exact. Are you going to be like this the whole time?" I'm not going to lie his depressing attitude was not helping mine. "I know that your in pain, and a lot of it, but so am I. So can you do me a favour not take it out on me? Please?" I whispered the last part, this was the most I've ever said to an alpha and I didn't quite know what to do.

We both just sat there, me driving and him looking out of the window to the road. "I'm sorry, I didn't realise I was doing it." A sigh of relief escaped me that I wasn't in trouble. "So, um how well did you know Zara?" His awkwardness let out that he wasn't the most social person, but I appreciated his gesture.

"Well, I didn't know her that long, but in the time that I did we really bonded like friends." He nodded. After a while Dean started to warm up to me and I saw a kinder side of him.

~4 hours later
At Norvill

"I thought you said it would take us 3 hours not 4!" Dean moaned.

"Well it would've but we caught so much traffic!" I replied a little annoyed but still snickered at his pettiness. "Hang on I need to find out the address." Dean nodded and his face went solemn in remembrance.

What's the address I'm in Norvill.

Head towards Star Lake I will meet you there.

Ok.

"Um... Kaelynn. Why are you texting Zara?"