41 ~ I was Home

~ Zara's POV

Last time I woke up to being buried but this time in blankets and warmth instead of a coffin and 6ft of earth. Slowly, my eyes peered open, the familiar smell of my newest family engulfed and filled me with such a sense of catharsis that I could cry. I was home.

A simple fire place threatened to tare down the barrier withholding my tears. I was home! In a chair opposite me was a man that I had missed dearly while I was gone, Zack. Asleep on the chair, he looked the same way he did at sleepovers. I was home... I was finally here... I was home.

As if sensing my stare Zack's eyes opened and met mine.

"Zara..." he whispered.

"Zack?" I cried, not fighting it anymore I let myself fall apart, and being the friend he is he propped me up against his large, muscular figure, which magnified how small I now was. I clenched onto him as if he was going to disappear.

"Zack! It was so scared I thought I was going to die! I kept screaming but no one could here me-" sobs were now taking over my speech and it became unclear of what I was saying but I just kept speaking, letting it all flow out like a river, and Zack let me until I was finished.

"Shhh, it's okay your here now, you're safe." He looked me in the eyes and repeated. "You're safe." As if he knew I didn't believe him.

"Don't ever let me go." I told him desperately.

"I won't." We stayed like that for a while, distracted by each other's company in silence.

That was until someone awkwardly cleared their throat. I didn't bother to look, but Zack did. "Dean."

His name, made memories of being dug up flood back to me. "Dean?" I turned around questionably. "You found me?" I whispered, unsure if it was all a hallucination.

"I did." He said awkwardly and itched the back of his head. He seemed to not have changed but something told me he had.

"Why?" Another small thought.

"Is that even a question, of course I dug you out of there and I would do it all again in a heart beat, because Zara I'm sorry. I'm so sorry and-" Zack cut in before I could he could say anymore.

"Dean maybe you should wait until she's recovered. She went through a lot." No, no I wanted to know but before I could argue he put his head down and mumbled.

"Yeah maybe you're right." No he was wrong, but he was gone.

"What did you do that for." I whined at Zack.

"Zara, you've been through a lot right now I don't think you need emotional trauma as well." He was right even though I don't like it. I gave him a small nod and a half smile. "Anyway I think it's time for you to have some food." That he was completely correct on and I had no problem with it.

Without thinking I stood up, but my thin legs gave out leaving me to fall in my now fragile state, before I could fall to the floor and my possible death I was caught in Zack's muscular arms. We both let out a sigh of relief and I was given the look.

"Zara you have to be careful, you're very week, one fall could be your demise. I don't think I could go through that again." I gave him a sympathetic look and a wave of guilt overcame me, I didn't think about how my death impacted others, because before it wouldn't have. If this was to happen like 4 years ago no one would've known or cared.

"Zack I'm so sorry you had to go through that."

"It's okay, I mean it's not like your death was planned... but Zara why are you back?" This was a difficult question because in a way my death was sorta planned.

"Do you want the full story or the short one?"

"The full but let me get you some food because if it's going to be that long you will die of starvation before you get to the end." To be honest it was kinda true, I mean when you think about it I died, got buried, and came back to life, not to mention before my death I wasn't exactly eating much.

It wasn't long before Zack came back with a sandwich that I wolfed down in a few seconds and a bag of crisps which also didn't last that long. As well as a glass of water which went down the same way.

Now I could begin my story...

~ One Hour Later

"So the moon goddess saved you so you could save all of were-kind?" Zack asked still trying to wrap his head round the whole ideal.

"Pretty much."

"And there you saw your mum?"

"Yeah." I smiled at the memory of her face which I had nearly forgotten.

"Anything else." I paused thinking, there was one, and it was very important.

"Yes... Zack my brother is alive."

____________________________

And that concludes this chapter. I'm really struggling to decide who Zara's going to end up with and I need all of your help! Could you please comment who you want and then whoever has the most comments will be chosen.

Or...

Private message me, and you can chose any character in the book or make up one, but they need a back story.

May the best character win!!

~Mia❤️
Saturday 12th May 2018